fibre vs plastic

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

anyone read the debate in clay shooter mag fibre vs plastic  ?    great magazine by the way ,    I am not sure about it  ,  lots of variables  and  a great excuse to hike the prices   any thoughts ?

There seems to be  some  kind of agenda   from inside the shooting world to push fibre wad for everything.   I can't see how plastic wad can ever be a problem for clay shooting.  is it a ply from gun manufacturers, as a lot of overbored guns out there.

Based on my own observations on very high clays , and reasonably high pheasants , I’ve had zero problems with overbored barrels in the two guns I use  . Mid price fibre clubman cartridges walloped the clays , and hideously expensive fibre game walloped the birds . 

Irrespective of wads , the great will still  be great , the good guys good , and the rest of us will merrily plod along . 

I honestly think that you would have to be truely elite to notice the difference .  So if there is a marketing ploy , bring it on , I’ll be happy to pick up a nice unfashionable gun at a great big discount 😁

I know I’m not good enough to notice the difference....I seem to have good and bad days with both plastic and fibre in equal measure. 

I can see both Brexit and reduction I’m the use of single use plastics having an impact on cartridge prices imminently....any old excuse is often enough. 

I wouldn’t choose them, but it certainly hasn’t put me off shoots I want to do when fibre is mandatory. RBSS Handicap Challenge is always a great event and I don’t feel it’s been spoiled by fibre this year. Just using Velocity 28g mainly. 

For those who like plastic wads Eley ( I believe) have just developed bio degradable plastic wads
Like the rest of you I can’t tell the difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see how these Pro Eco wads fair in damp / wet storage conditions.

somewheres on you tube I watched a pattern test showing the differance on eley select between plastc and fibre wad, the guy expected plastic to throw a tighter pattern, it was the opposite,the fibre was tighter really well spaced ,where as the plastic had a lot of grouping ...so its not all cut and dry .  think it was oxford gun co. doing the demo.

Most places I shoot only use fibre so I made the decison to only buy fibre, that keeps it simple in my head.

Just the choke conundrum to solve now ! 🤔

somewheres on you tube I watched a pattern test showing the differance on eley select between plastc and fibre wad, the guy expected plastic to throw a tighter pattern, it was the opposite,the fibre was tighter really well spaced ,where as the plastic had a lot of grouping ...so its not all cut and dry .  think it was oxford gun co. doing the demo.
For a number of reasons I find that difficult to believe.  If Mr. Winston had done it then it would be credible, or someone adhering to the same standards and methodology, but otherwise ........................

"these are reealllyy great and we have plenty to sell so step right up!!!"

For a number of reasons I find that difficult to believe.  If Mr. Winston had done it then it would be credible, or someone adhering to the same standards and methodology, but otherwise ........................

"these are reealllyy great and we have plenty to sell so step right up!!!"
I will see if I can find it when time permits ,then everyone can draw their own conclusions, I do remember the tester being some what suprised

Google, you tube eley select(pattern test) its on tsc channel, seeing is believing🙂

Latest posts

Back