STARTING COMPETITION CLAY SHOOTING

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin C

Hi

I have been clay shooting for a few years I would like to start competition shooting, maybe Sporting what is the best way to start.

Join CPSA as a full member and get a number. Turn up at a registered shoot, tell 'em your number and that you're not yet classified so pay for birds only. Each shoot will register your score with CPSA and once you have 300 targets in you can ring CPSA and check they've classified you. After that most shoots will know your class when you book in and offer you competition - which costs more but you're eligible for prizes - or birds only. Either way your score will be registered and you can track it on the CPSA site.

Hi Doug

Thanks a lot for this I did find it very helpful 

Cheers 

Hi Doug, I’m a very new shooter and I threw myself in the deep end, joined cpsa (full membership)and started shooting the registered’s and the premier league,  and as the gents above have said turn up pay your money and enjoy your shooting 👍🏻  and you never know you may end up winning some money and or prizes

Hi Doug, I’m a very new shooter and I threw myself in the deep end, joined cpsa (full membership)and started shooting the registered’s and the premier league,  and as the gents above have said turn up pay your money and enjoy your shooting 👍🏻  and you never know you may end up winning some money and or prizes
I did the same. 

@Colin C whereabouts are you? Can be good idea to tag along with another shooter for registered whilst you get used to it - I personally did this (thanks @Will Hewland) and it helped a lot. 

Cheers Doug!  ☺️ 

Really pleased to hear it was useful  @Colin C

Latest posts

Back