enertia block silver pigeon

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brin

hello bought one today not been used or cleaned for years the oil has gone sticky anyway tried it out as i bought it from someone at the clay ground bottom barrel some times dose not fire dose anyone on here know how to strip down to clean apart from not being cleaned its a fantastic piece of equipment any help would be appreciated thanks

The correct way is to take the stock off and strip the action de-grease all the parts and re assemble with a light oiling. If you're mechanically minded it's not difficult just a bit fiddly. The quick way is to take off the stock give the action a good cleaning with a spray de-greaser blow it dry and apply a light oil on the moving parts.

When you say the gun doesn’t fire  the bottom barrel , do you mean  you can’t pull the trigger ? Or you are getting a light strike , ie goes click , but no bang ? 

Look at the video below from 7 minutes 30.  Then take it to a gunsmith 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
You need a smith, its the sear for the inertia system that will require filing / polishing. I have had same thing on a 687. To prove the point put snap caps in fire first barrell then with palm of hand hit the but pad firm but not as hard as you can and try to fire second barrell. You will probably find that it requires a very firm whack to set the second barell. 

Do what chippy says first. The inertia block in these guns is much lighter than say, Mirokus and the slightest amount of gungy oil or grease will stop it from moving freely. I would advise against using WD40 inside the Beretta action because it will eventually introduce the problem outlined below.

Alternatively, it could also be the cocking rod for the bottom barrel. If you take the barrels off and look at the front of the action there are 2 small rods low down on each side. You should be able to push them in a little way against a light spring which returns them to the stop position. Apart from the spring there should be no resistance to movement because if there is, the hammer has to push them forward which can prevent the striker from hitting the primer hard enough. Sticky cocking rods and associated cams etc are a gunsmith style strip and clean.

"Lets start pushing pins" catch phrase of the month!

it frightens me to death, I'm not sure I'd do that to my poor little Silver Pig - good video

thanks for all the replys booked in at nevils gun shop alfreton thanks good video

Back