Browning 725 trigger issues

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charliedog

There was a thread some time ago where people were struggling with occasional trigger issues with the 725, i have had mine for approx 3 years and put many thousands of carts through it with no problem. Over the last year I found that once in about every 70 to 100 shots i would go to pull the trigger and find it somewhat harder to pull and in fact was probably pulling twice to get it to fire but usually missed as was set up for first pull if that makes sense. I read about people advising moving the trigger position but nobody really fed back as to whether it had worked for them. About 6 weeks ago i was back in the gunshop where i purchased the gun, it is run by a well respected gunsmith and i explained the problem, he said by all means he would look at it but in his experience, most cases were down to crud/gunk behind the ejector guides, i am no engineer and he quickly showed me how to do it on another gun in the shop. I went home, removed the ejector guides and gave them and where they sit a good clean and replaced them. There is a groove in the rear that was full of grease build up but otherwise pretty good in my opinion. Anyway i have been out another 5 occasions, approx 600 shots with no trigger issues what so ever, i dont particularly understand the engineering connection between the ejector guides and the trigger mech but its worked for me so thought would pass on to others to try if having similar issues

Latest posts

Back