The Brexit effect?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perazman

With the Brexit deadline nearing I'm fully expecting our beloved cartridge manufacturers to increase their prices. Regardless of a hard/soft/no deal outcome. It's too good an opportunity to miss!

Has anyone been stockpiling cartridges in advance? I'm sure the british manufacturers will have been doing so with imported components.

What are your local gunshops expecting?

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

PM.

Was told about a month ago that fiocchi will have around £10 a thou increase. Whether this relates directly to Brexit is debatable cos their prices have been bucking the upward trend lately. Actually coming down twice last year. 

Jasper.

They don't need any excuses. Oil goes up,cartridges go up oil goes down, cartridges stay the same. Lead goes up cartridges go up lead comes down cartridges stay the same.

Was told about a month ago that fiocchi will have around £10 a thou increase. Whether this relates directly to Brexit is debatable cos their prices have been bucking the upward trend lately. Actually coming down twice last year. 

Jasper.
Already happened in this neck of the woods, at JC.

They don't need any excuses. Oil goes up,cartridges go up oil goes down, cartridges stay the same. Lead goes up cartridges go up lead comes down cartridges stay the same.
simply the modern equivalent of the ancient Chinese approach to business known as the Foo King the Market Law.

HTH

If implemented WTO tariff for cartridges and components is 3.7% but I think the government has stated that except for certain goods to protect certain industries e.g. Farming then no tariffs would be applied if it was a hard BREXIT. However that would not stop other additional costs occurring like custom charges and additional transport cost if trucks take longer due to delays at the ports.

UK relies significantly on imported components to produce cartridges.

If we leave the eu it goes bankrupt if we stay in the eu it goes bankrupt only difference is it takes longer and takes us with it.

Jasper.
Asked William Evans about fiocchi and they were none the wiser. 

Back