Pro sport v summit ascent ??

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rammy

Looking to upgrade from my ATA, you always like stuff over budget  :???:

so short list so far browning pro sport or Caesar guerini summit ascent 

thought they were of equal quality had a guy at a shoot last week on his third guerini due to problems mainly shooting lighter loads ?

Both mount well for me and feel comfy, shooting sporting/compak and sport trap 

Looking to upgrade from my ATA, you always like stuff over budget  :???:

so short list so far browning pro sport or Caesar guerini summit ascent 

thought they were of equal quality had a guy at a shoot last week on his third guerini due to problems mainly shooting lighter loads ?

Both mount well for me and feel comfy, shooting sporting/compak and sport trap 
ive had both     Caesar  for me , check out Lloyds  reviews  !

You don't like Guerini then Wylye?

Never had an issue with Guerini quality , got one and it hasn't had one issue at all .

I personally prefer Miroku against all others , but that is from over forty years experience . 

I think all the mainstream manufacturers are good , reliable .

Although I do think that maybe Beretta have lost their way a little over the last few years with too many models that just haven't worked and poor reliability .

But of course there are many Beretta users who have very old , very reliable guns, a 686 will take some  beating any day .

I've had both of these guns, both good quality guns.

The Browning Pro Sport I found to be heavy and sluggish, even without any of the extra weights. If I were to buy another Browning it would be the standard 725 sporter with adjustable comb.

The CG will be harder to move on when you want to change again, especially the ascent with the semi high rib. Again if I were to buy another CG it would be a flat rib version with adjustable comb.

Currently back shooting my old Beretta 682 gold e, had a few tweaks done to the stock. Not quite so reliable though Salopian, at the gunsmiths as we speak, having a broken hammer replaced. :frown:

I tend to agree with tiptop. The ProSport feels bulky and slow to me whereas the CGs and standard 725s are much more dynamic despite being 8lbs plus, but I would qualify that by saying that there is a growing band of ProSport users. Also, from what I'm seeing, the trend for raised rib guns seems to be fading and that's definitely reflected in the used gun prices.

Despite the snarky remarks from the haters with memories of 2002 when they were built in the Fabarm factory, CGs don't fall to bits. Mine is 8 years old, has never had anything break, is as tight as drum and still worth close to the original selling price because the standard rib models hold value just as well or better than other mid market guns.

Compared with the asking prices for used Beretta 692s, Guerinis are almost an investment. 😜

"Snarky" - now there's a word!

If you think new guns are almost an investment, particularly Guerinis, then you are in a fools paradise. In the real world where I live new guns depreciate like cars. If you want an example, take your year - old, main - stream shiny shotgun back to the dealer where it came from and ask him how much he will give you for it. Prepare for disappointment.

As for the quality of modern guns, they all have problems at some stage in their life, cracked stocks on Mirokus for example, Martins' Gold-E. None of them are perfect, they are mechanical devices after all.

I guess you missed the word "almost" immediately before the word "investment". After 30+ years in business - albeit not shotgun related - of course I understand the economics of buying and trading in consumer goods such as guns from dealers who have to make a living.

It's not necessary or helpful to take the attitude that other people are stupid amateurs who should be sneered at for having views that don't correspond with yours.

Pull your neck in you silly sod!

P.S. read it again. -  'almost'?

"Snarky" - now there's a word!

If you think new guns are almost an investment, particularly Guerinis, then you are in a fools paradise. In the real world where I live new guns depreciate like cars. If you want an example, take your year - old, main - stream shiny shotgun back to the dealer where it came from and ask him how much he will give you for it. Prepare for disappointment.

As for the quality of modern guns, they all have problems at some stage in their life, cracked stocks on Mirokus for example, Martins' Gold-E. None of them are perfect, they are mechanical devices after all.

I have been shooting a Summit Ascent since 2014 with no problems. I can't comment on the Browning as I don't seem to gel with them. The Guerini 10 year warranty is transferable and when contacted they have always been quick to respond, the customer serice has been excellent. I bought a trap gun as it was being sold at a good price and wanted to retrofit a barrel selector, after speaking to Guerini they sent me one for free and told me how to fit it over the phone.

My husband shoots a 725 Sporter.  He had a look at the ProSport at the Game Fair last year.  Just mounting it and a couple of practice swings and he decided not to even bother firing it.  Found it unwieldy and nose heavy compared to the 725 Sporter.

So ! We have ProSports that are unwieldy and nose heavy and Parcours that are too barrel light ?

Must be something ideal for everyone out there .

What is it ?

Could it be a Perazzi Hi Tech ?

Horses for courses.  Personally I don't find the Parcours too barrel light. 

I had a trial of a Perazzi HPX that was really nose heavy.  Shot it OK on crossers, but pushed through over the top of going away targets as it took me so much effort to get the bloody thing moving I couldn't control it.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that I neither want nor need a new gun.  I readily cop to often considering that situation to be slightly erroneous but fortunately I soon overcome the forces of the hunter/gatherer gene and resume happiness with the current lot.

Thanks for reply’s, I’m not bother about fashion I like the view on the slightly higher rib, doesn’t look as nice, the standard summit also comes with a schnabel, I prefer a beaver tail/trap style  

I have shot a few berettas and only really liked a 692, 68’s feel too slim for me   

Might go to a gun shop to have another butchers 😁

I do wonder what percentage of people who are happy to berate any product have actually spent ‘real’ time with the item they are so quick to dismiss?

I really can’t comment on Browning as they don’t feel right to me so I’ve never bought one...but if my personal experience is anything to go by then Beretta for example would be ‘the pits’ having spent much of my time of ownership at GMK being ‘put right’ until I lost faith and moved on.

CG on the other hand.....I’ve owned and shot nothing else for the last 4 years and they’ve not missed a single beat. Maybe I’m just a naturally and exceptionally lucky chap in that mine haven’t fallen to bits,  but I suspect not given my lack of national lottery success. 

All about personal experience I guess. 

I have owned five Discos over the past 25 years and I can say that all of them have been 100% reliable and exceptionally good cars. Draw your own conclusions and connect the dots.

Latest posts

Back