Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonny English

Beretta B fast comb adjustment question

Recommended Posts

Jonny English

Hi all, question for anyone with a factory beretta adjustable comb on a 692 or dt11 etc.

Is it possible to adjust the comb for height to an angle, say 1 spacer on the front post and 3 to 4 on the back post for example, or does the comb need lifting even?

 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ips
8 minutes ago, Jonny English said:

Hi all, question for anyone with a factory beretta adjustable comb on a 692 or dt11 etc.

Is it possible to adjust the comb for height to an angle, say 1 spacer on the front post and 3 to 4 on the back post for example, or does the comb need lifting even?

 

Thanks 

I think you should be able to, i havent had the spacer type but had the other sort and you can with those. You will soon find out, just try it 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jonny English
29 minutes ago, ips said:

I think you should be able to, i havent had the spacer type but had the other sort and you can with those. You will soon find out, just try it 😏

Thanks Ips, I haven't got an adjustable comb at the minute, but have been contemplating one of the genuine stock and forend sets from the Beretta e store.  I could fit an aftermarket to mine but don't fancy cutting its orginal stock.

My plan was to lift the heal of the comb but leave the nose where it is to get my desired comb height and parallel the comb slightly in the process, don't need a lot of lift for it to be ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ips
57 minutes ago, Jonny English said:

Thanks Ips, I haven't got an adjustable comb at the minute, but have been contemplating one of the genuine stock and forend sets from the Beretta e store.  I could fit an aftermarket to mine but don't fancy cutting its orginal stock.

My plan was to lift the heal of the comb but leave the nose where it is to get my desired comb height and parallel the comb slightly in the process, don't need a lot of lift for it to be ideal.

I had my last Beretta adj as you say, so parallel comb and it was no problem however it wasnt a spacer design, i cant see it not being possible as there should be a degree of tolerance on the pillars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farmer7
17 hours ago, Jonny English said:

Hi all, question for anyone with a factory beretta adjustable comb on a 692 or dt11 etc.

Is it possible to adjust the comb for height to an angle, say 1 spacer on the front post and 3 to 4 on the back post for example, or does the comb need lifting even?

 

Thanks 

Yes you can, I had 2 extra on the rear post no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
b725black
18 hours ago, Jonny English said:

Thanks Ips, I haven't got an adjustable comb at the minute, but have been contemplating one of the genuine stock and forend sets from the Beretta e store.  I could fit an aftermarket to mine but don't fancy cutting its orginal stock.

My plan was to lift the heal of the comb but leave the nose where it is to get my desired comb height and parallel the comb slightly in the process, don't need a lot of lift for it to be ideal.

as long as its done well why not just have an adjustable comb fitted, had my DT11 comb done by Simon at Doveridge, well pleased with the craftmanship,

not the best photos it was raining, yes it is left handed 

 

DT11..JPG

DT11.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jonny English
3 hours ago, b725black said:

as long as its done well why not just have an adjustable comb fitted, had my DT11 comb done by Simon at Doveridge, well pleased with the craftmanship,

not the best photos it was raining, yes it is left handed 

 

DT11..JPG

DT11.JPG

Looks very good, my dad had one fitted by Simon a couple of years ago, it was also very good. I have a bit of OCD about keeping original equipment intact, hence my looking for an additional stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×