Webley and Scott 700

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cockney21

After buying a 1964 Webley and Scott 700 as a bit of a project gun for my son to refinish last year he has finally got round to completing it. The idea was to sell it but it has come out so good I'm not sure I can part with it!

It was stripped and the action boiled to remove all the old grease and dirt,  internals polished, pins and top lever/ safety  catch reblued, reassembled and the action hand lacquered. The barrels went of to be stripped, polished and blacked. The finish on the barrels is so deep and perfect they put out our Browning 725 and CG Invictus to shame!

The stock was stripped and refinished with oil and a new Silvers pad, which helps to lift the strong but plain grain.

The result is probably better than when it left the factory. The Webley does seem to be more sturdy than earlier sideplated guns we have done in the past ( if not as pretty!).

There is a certain charm to the last of the British mass produced SxS.

20190225_213253.jpg

20190225_213235.jpg

that looks a great job, is it expensive to have barrels re blued to that quality?

With postage both ways £170, which is a good price for what is involved.

Stevens and Johnson, tel. 07714830867, Paul.

Old school company but one of the best in the business. They are probably the best full stop at Damascus barrels.

Last edited by a moderator:
bromley and son have just reblacked my beretta o/u barrels and what a superb  job they have done .as for cost i paid for postage to them and was charged £100 including return postage .i would use them again really pleased . 

Back