Intercept Method

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairImogen

My Pals have just taught me this; I can now hit fast crossers/loopers etc.

I am puzzled as to why I see so few shooters using this technique.

is it just me, or is it widely used?

Regards

Fair Imogen

True intercept is of extremely limited use on sporting type clays, that's why you rarely see anyone use it. 

My Pals have just taught me this; I can now hit fast crossers/loopers etc.

I am puzzled as to why I see so few shooters using this technique.

is it just me, or is it widely used?

Regards

Fair Imogen
IF it works for you, then, KEEP DOIN IT    !

A pal of mine who is  learning to shoot has a strange ability to hit certain tricky clays with a totally stationary gun. I find it strange and slightly un-nerving to watch him do it.

He will miss a new target shooting ‘swing thru’ or ‘pull away’ and then he says ‘I will just try something’ and he picks a spot on the line of the bird, mounts the gun, shouts pull and then breaks the clay without moving the gun.....

Intercept shooting that my hand/eye coordination cannot comprehend.

It's trick shooting rather than a "method", I know  a very good shooter who can hit clays off the hip most people struggle to hit off the shoulder. I believe most people would be surprised how relatively easy it is to hit regular clays off the hip, the same applies with spot shooting in that you can presumably teach yourself to "time" things successfully on a given clay but to suggest you can go round a whole course and compete is stretching things a tad. 

It's trick shooting rather than a "method", I know  a very good shooter who can hit clays off the hip most people struggle to hit off the shoulder. I believe most people would be surprised how relatively easy it is to hit regular clays off the hip, the same applies with spot shooting in that you can presumably teach yourself to "time" things successfully on a given clay but to suggest you can go round a whole course and compete is stretching things a tad. 
I once had a visitor to my ground that straighted the skeet..................from the hip   !

Isn’t it one of John Bidwells techniques?

But on a serious note I tried it........now we have 3 kids. 

I sometimes use this when the trap is level with the cage and sending out a crossing clay at distance. Just position the gun at the kill point and when the clay becomes visible pull the trigger.

A certain dick head in this part of the world uses 'reverse swing' in that he swings into the target rather than through it. Work that out.

With some fast  looper targets I find myself drawing an imaginary circle around the target so when the target is at 12 o'clock I move to 3 o'clock and pull the trigger - bizarrely the target almost always breaks.   Is that an intercept method? 

Iggy ,

Stupid Boy , your not using Intercept  your using Intercourse !😂😂😂

Talk about a Mug from The Potteries !

As anyone tried Ben Husthwaites new method? The Slice?????

I once had a visitor to my ground that straighted the skeet..................from the hip   !
Wasnt john stafford by any chance, seen him shoot skeet from the hip

I was told today that 'The Slice ' is Ben's version of Bidwell's Move Mount Shoot. 

Obviously it seems that there is nothing new under the Sun , you just have to rebrand it .

Back