Parcours and supersport

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barney

Thinking of changing guns from a guerini invictus I've tried a supersport but I think it would take some getting used to but I have not tried a parcours now I believe the handling is completely different much faster gun etc. I would like some input on people that have shot both or have both on pros and cons of both models. Thank you very much.

Tom

Thinking of changing guns from a guerini invictus I've tried a supersport but I think it would take some getting used to but I have not tried a parcours now I believe the handling is completely different much faster gun etc. I would like some input on people that have shot both or have both on pros and cons of both models. Thank you very much.

Tom
I think you’ve said it all. (And I’ve shot both). This will be down to you trying the Parcours. (Personally, I wanted to love it but didn’t). 

In their raw form the Supersport is probably too heavy for most people (heavy barrels) and the Parcours probably too light for most (light barrels). 

Fewer people shoot the Supersport really well, the Parcours is easier to beef up where you may feel it needs it, whereas you're largely stuck with the Supersport. 

Other very important factors include the ribs, without shooting a good few rounds through them both you won't know which one you can truly live with; in my experience I've not been privy to too many people growing to extract the max from their Supersport, you either can or can't shoot them. I prolly know half a dozen people whose ultimate potential is being held back with the Supersport but they're convinced that because it's so well made it must be right. 

If I HAD to choose one it would be the Parcours.

May I ask your reason(s) for falling out with the Invictus ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly , I think you would be far better off not bothering to change from what you already have .

I think we should all stop and think hard and long before we change guns .

At the end of the day a gun is just a tool , so we have to take into account , pride of ownership , value for money and if the tool makes the job easier.

Having had the pleasure and wherewithall to have been able to have had any gun I wanted , I do have to say that I have wasted a lot of money , but enjoyed the experience .

If I could have my time all over again I would like to have bought and owned just the one gun .

Krieghoffs are in my personal opinion vastly overpriced when compared with my all time favourite Miroku .

I think that Guerini's are undervalued , and a Parcours is too barrel light and a Supersport too heavy and cumbersome when compared with competitors.

Nothing really wrong with invictus  just human nature with wanting to try something else i dont feel the invictus is a keeper gun 

I have a Parcours.  Have never shot a Supersport.

Being of the female persuasion and upper body strength not being my strong point, I would never even attempt to shoot a Supersport.  Too heavy for me.  The Parcours, on the other hand, is of a similar weight to my other gun (a DT10) and I personally find the balance better.  When it comes to targets that you need to give a quick punch through (fast quartering aways for example) it's great.  I don't have any issues with controlling the swing of it, but I could imagine that some people that rely of swing through as a method may find that it could get away from them a bit quick.

I tried both supersport and parlours on Kreighoff try days before changing from Gurini maxum .The supersport proved to be the softer on recoil a plus for me but a very heavy for a gun down shooter to move about .The parcours is much livelier with lighter barrels the plus for me I added barrel and stocks  weight to increase overall weight and comfort and am happy with the result there are many variant which can be ordered to suit you but as always there is a price to pay.I found one small problem which took some getting used too and that was the trigger feel on firing very  different to any of my other guns Browning ,Beretta and Caesar not a problem now but you pays your money and take your choice .

I tried a Supersport and even though it (only) weighed about 8.11, I still found it much too heavy and ponderous for me. The stock was good though  - a WCG (West Country Guns) fixed comb one not dis-similar to the eventual Parcours stock. Some of the early monte ones are slightly strange measurements -  at least to my eye. But  a great gun if you have the upper body strength to move it around. I did try a 30" std K80 once years ago (I think it belonged to Clive Bramley) and I liked that one.

The Parcours by contrast I really like. But it does need a bit of finesse. First time I tried one in anger was on high pheasants and I missed the first few about a yard in front! And that was switching from a Perazzi of fairly similar spec and weight.

I like the Invictus guns and if I could find one with the right stock and weight configuration for me; I would happily shoot it.

Having shot both I prefer the Parcour. However a 30ins Supersport is a lovely gun to shoot and is not as ponderous as a 32ins. They are both a bit special and miles ahead of a C.G. -  which usually has good wood and O.K. stock dimensions but the actions are made by Meccano.

I've had a Supersport since July and am getting on really well with it, as someone said they are a lump of a gun, but I'm a lump myself so need it. 

Luckily I got to have a really good go with one before actually buying it but I've got no regrets, it's really well built and handles very well.

I have had a few shots with a Parcour and it was miles too light and fast handling for my liking.

I think Coleys & Sporting Targets usually have demo days at certain points of the year so it's worth keeping an eye out.

What a surprise (a pleasant one) !! Kreighoff Supersports and Parcours being commented on without being "slagged off" for a change.

I changed from a Guerini Ascent in May of last year. I bought a Supersport 32 after trying one at the Essex Masters.

It is a lovely thing and so smooth to shoot. Really light on recoil and, for me, just really pointable. Yeah, they are heavier, but really well balanced and with the non-Monte Carlo stock, they aren’t the big beast everyone thinks they are.

I love owning it and it makes me smile everytime I use it and that’s what I bought it for.

Cheers

Well if you are not smiling when you are shooting then you need to try another sport.......

I 'inherited' a 36 year old 28" B125 in November . It instantly put 10 on to my average score, repeated twice weekly. Today I took out my S1 30" B725 that has been sulking in the gun cabinet. Got same scores as with the B125!     Which I suppose proves that it is ME and not the gun

just saying

Latest posts

Back