Eley VIP Bio-Wad

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

A chum (who is supported by this brand) has shared a post on FB re Eley VIP Bio-Wad for clay shooting, whilst bio-wads may be a significant step towards reducing / tackling plas-wad “waste” one is suprised that the load itself is steel. Is there any ballistic restriction on lead using bio-wads? Am aware very many grounds refuse the use of steel shot and steel itself has very limited take up, oh the £280/1000 rate too is not at all attractive. 

Isn't everyone who shoots on the foreshore shooting steel with plastic wads that could easily find there way in to the sea? Maybe this is the target market.

Isn't everyone who shoots on the foreshore shooting steel with plastic wads that could easily find there way in to the sea? Maybe this is the target market.
Thought plaswads on foreshore, and for that matter game shooting in general had long been frowned upon? I have to admit to having nil experience of wildfowling and very little game. Although Eleys Bio/Wad release is of two cartridges one branded a “game” cartridge & other branded a “clay” cartridge, I was refering to the “clay” for this thread & comment. 

Having just looked online most steel loads do seem to be plaswad so your thinking of the Bio-Wad for Wildfowling may have some legs, for clay though Im not seeing it so favourably

Last edited by a moderator:
Having just looked online most steel loads do seem to be plaswad so your thinking of the Bio-Wad for Wildfowling may have some legs, for clay though Im not seeing it so favourably
£280 - 295 per 1000 for clay is what I'm not seeing as favourable, and you will have to find grounds that permit steel shot.

Or maybe Eley are trying to lead the way for the £300/1000 clay cartridges with their new products, what with these and their titanium range.

Thought plaswads on foreshore, and for that matter game shooting in general had long been frowned upon? I have to admit to having nil experience of wildfowling and very little game. Although Eleys Bio/Wad release is of two cartridges one branded a “game” cartridge & other branded a “clay” cartridge, I was refering to the “clay” for this thread & comment. 

They`ll come into their own once they`ve taken lead off us !

They`ll come into their own once they`ve taken lead off us !
Better make sure they don't then. In the big picture lead shot is not a problem. IMO Those that want it banned have a much bigger agenda and implications. Supporting them is missguided.

Latest posts

Back