UT worlds Ychoux 2019

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

I don't see any entry from the UK will there be a GBR teams entry anybody know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but BICTSF have to find the money first. 

Quite a cost, as you've entered you'll know, 15 team members plus team manager and discipline board member then the actual 5 category team entries.

Just totted it up and the total for the above is €4225.

Entries have been paid for the European Championships which are first in the calendar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but BICTSF have to find the money first. 

Quite a cost, as you've entered you'll know, 15 team members plus team manager and discipline board member then the actual 5 category team entry.

Entries have been paid for the European Championships which are first in the calendar.
Yes Phil I have to say the entry cost really did set me back on my heels a bit. I enter these competitions because I love the atmosphere of the big events not because I can get anywhere near winning. However even though I live less than two hours away from Ychoux I will not see much change from €1000 once cartridges, accommodation and food is taken into account. 

Yes Phil I have to say the entry cost really did set me back on my heels a bit. I enter these competitions because I love the atmosphere of the big events not because I can get anywhere near winning. However even though I live less than two hours away from Ychoux I will not see much change from €1000 once cartridges, accommodation and food is taken into account. 
FFBT failed to take into consideration the shoot weekend is the main French holiday period. It has been incredibly difficult to find reasonably accommodation in the area because of Ychoux's close proximity to the coast. 

The following week accommodation costs are almost halved😕

FFBT failed to take into consideration the shoot weekend is the main French holiday period. It has been incredibly difficult to find reasonably accommodation in the area because of Ychoux's close proximity to the coast. 

The following week accommodation costs are almost halved😕
I sorted out my accomodation last year when I heard it was to be at Ychoux. We have a booked a  chalet on a camping ground just minutes from the shooting ground. Stayed there a couple of times the place is very popular with shooters... and fairly cheap too. Not for everybody but we have enjoyed staying there. Re FBBT they do their best but sometimes it is difficult to fit things in. The other two places I thought would be good would have been Poussan or Lazenay as both have 8 layouts... Poussan would be very hot though even the French toil there with the heat. Cestas is a nice ground but only has 4 layouts so numbers would be limited. Whatever way it will be better than Chamonix... I never heard anybody with a good word to say about the place, in fact most hated the competition there.

I sorted out my accomodation last year when I heard it was to be at Ychoux. We have a booked a  chalet on a camping ground just minutes from the shooting ground. Stayed there a couple of times the place is very popular with shooters... and fairly cheap too. Not for everybody but we have enjoyed staying there. Re FBBT they do their best but sometimes it is difficult to fit things in. The other two places I thought would be good would have been Poussan or Lazenay as both have 8 layouts... Poussan would be very hot though even the French toil there with the heat. Cestas is a nice ground but only has 4 layouts so numbers would be limited. Whatever way it will be better than Chamonix... I never heard anybody with a good word to say about the place, in fact most hated the competition there.
We're sorted now but it's been difficult as my dog is coming with us and we wanted a Monday to Monday reservation.

I've shot Poussan a few times, excellent fruit de mer in Sete where we stay. A shame it's not considered for major shoots now. I've shot Lazenay a few times too but they've got the French national UT championships this year and FFBT won't give the same ground that and the European or World championships. By Chamonix do you mean Megeve? The 2017 World championships was given to them by Palinkas who is a good friend of Andre Tronc, so the old pals act came into play. JM Moutoufis, a friend of mine, said it was against FFBT wishes and there was a long list of remedial works required which failed to materialise. I think there's plenty of noise problems there and perhaps the existence of the ground is limited.

We're sorted now but it's been difficult as my dog is coming with us and we wanted a Monday to Monday reservation.

I've shot Poussan a few times, excellent fruit de mer in Sete where we stay. A shame it's not considered for major shoots now. I've shot Lazenay a few times too but they've got the French national UT championships this year and FFBT won't give the same ground that and the European or World championships. By Chamonix do you mean Megeve? The 2017 World championships was given to them by Palinkas who is a good friend of Andre Tronc, so the old pals act came into play. JM Moutoufis, a friend of mine, said it was against FFBT wishes and there was a long list of remedial works required which failed to materialise. I think there's plenty of noise problems there and perhaps the existence of the ground is limited.
Yes Phil I think there was a lot of back scratching went on re, and you are correct, Megeve ... but most people would probably have found themselves at Chamonix at some point ... it is where the posh people go apres ski/shooting  😄

I am happy with Ychoux though. There is plenty of space to park and set out a table and chairs and lots of shade if you need it. The stand itself I like the only gripe I have is that the ground immediately in front of the fosse is below the shooting level so I find this can play tricks with my eye reference points, the way I shoot it the last thing I need! I like the orientation it is good too no problems with the sunlight in the morning. The ground at Poussan I thought was great except for the orientation ...which if you got an unlucky early draw the sun could be a real problem.. is that why they don't get majors now? The heat was a problem there last year some days it was in the early 40's C. Looking forward to Lazenay booked in for the week up there too for the French. I don't know if you have shot at the stand at Sore? It is a lovely ground... but the orientation is totally wrong. In the morning it is like shooting with a searchlight shining into your eyes such a shame 8 layouts but I don't think they could ever have a major trap event there.

Anyway Phil good you are sorted out I expect you will be shooting with the GBR squad but I will keep an eye open for you over the week to say hello. We are heading up there on the Sunday afternoon so I will probably be shooting some practice on Monday at some point.

Latest posts

Back