Miroku 7000

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rammy

Can't find too much about them, seem 80-90's models only thing I can find is its a multichoke 6000 are they a good gun, how do they compare to new miroku's 

Very well built guns, quite right they are a MC 6000. Very muzzle heavy, should have standard invector chokes. Flat in the comb usually. If you like the muzzle heavy barrels they are outstanding. My brother shoots one my dad bought new in 1994 from elderkins at Spalding and it's still going strong.

Better quality than current production,chopper lump barrels ,can have full length trigger guard tangs,panels & points etc.

Basically all the big names have gradually cut corners on manufacturing methods ,so as to cut costs & maintain their profit margins...not to build better guns!

The Miroku 7000 is an outstanding 2nd hand buy so long as it suits you, I find them too low in the comb (as ever) and they were never made in 32" flavour so that too may put some off. I bought a brand new 6000 grade 3 with 30" fixed chokes back in the late 80's but the affair only lasted weeks as it kicked like a mule and headaches were guaranteed after only 2 or 3 stands. 

Luckily managed to trade it in for a new 682 but lost about £400 which was a small fortune back then. 

Excellent choice v well made I've got a  28" 7000 sp1 which cost £725  approximately 1992 great bit of kit feels chunkier than the mk70  and as well made as my gd4 3800 trap gun they are low in the combe and shoot flat ,i like that but am sure many others may find it a bit too low for them would definitely recommend. 

Been to see one £750 one owner original bill of sale think it's an 86 

a few dings on wood and slight wear on bluing needs new pad 

feels nice and tight very clean barrels 

not sure whether to pay extra for new mk38 sporter though ??

Is it a 28" or 30"? If a 30" won't be too dissimilar to a mk38 sporter imo having shot both perhaps a tad lower on the combe but half the price of a new grade 1 Mk38 try and shoot both you'll then probably have your answer. 

Been to see one £750 one owner original bill of sale think it's an 86 

a few dings on wood and slight wear on bluing needs new pad 

feels nice and tight very clean barrels 

not sure whether to pay extra for new mk38 sporter though ??
MK 38 Sporters have been about for a long long time so you should be able to get an excellent used one under  £1000 . That gives you the option of 32” barrels as well. Don’t be confused by the later MK38 Sporter Teague . It’s a blatant marketing job of  which is supplied with a couple of Teague manufactured aftermarket chokes , it’s  not  a fixed choke converted to the Teague Precision Choke system . You could buy any MK 38 Sporter and add any aftermarket extended choke . 

I’ve had 2x miroku 7000 grade 3s one with 32inch barrels and one 30inch. I sold the 30inch last year. The wood on the 32 inch is more like a grade 5. They are lovely guns. Multichoke as well

61D79EA1-D951-4D3F-AEF7-87049F4E0441.jpeg

7D5857D1-4A40-472E-900A-3943F29F552A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Miroku 7000 is an outstanding 2nd hand buy so long as it suits you, I find them too low in the comb (as ever) and they were never made in 32" flavour so that too may put some off. I bought a brand new 6000 grade 3 with 30" fixed chokes back in the late 80's but the affair only lasted weeks as it kicked like a mule and headaches were guaranteed after only 2 or 3 stands. 

Luckily managed to trade it in for a new 682 but lost about £400 which was a small fortune back then. 
Hamster, I have had Three Miroku 7000, "High Grade"  32" BARREL MULTI INVECTOR CHOKE over the years. Joe.

Hamster, I have had Three Miroku 7000, "High Grade"  32" BARREL MULTI INVECTOR CHOKE over the years. Joe.
I've always been led to believe they were only offered in 28/30" but I suppose the barrels between Miroku models can't be that different and perhaps interchangeable with gunsmith fettling ?! It may well be that some people ordered them with non std 32" barrels.  

I've always been led to believe they were only offered in 28/30" but I suppose the barrels between Miroku models can't be that different and perhaps interchangeable with gunsmith fettling ?! It may well be that some people ordered them with non std 32" barrels.  
I purchased two of the 32" 7000 from Essex Gun brand new

As I am fairly new to the sport and have no relative experience with other guns, I can only offer my own opinion on the Miroku 7000 multi-choke.

Its a great little gun and I can honestly say I am so pleased with mine.  I bought mine from CH Weston, Brighton, secondhand at £700 as my first ever gun and although it has some dinks on the wood, I am really pleased with it.  Mine is the 28" version and being only 5' 5" it suits me fine.  I did use a Beretta during my lessons and I would concur with others who say it is a little lower in the comb but that can be adjusted for as you gain experience.

I chose this over a new ATA and think I made the right choice, at least that is what my instructor advised when he had a shot with it.

20181002_143632.jpg

20181002_213750.jpg

20181002_213819.jpg

20181002_213845.jpg

New to the forum, and joined after seeing this thread as current. I'm in the U.S. and have a 1996 Miroku 7000 SP 1 on the way from an auction in Japan. I'm encouraged by what you all say, and especially Gazz, as mine appears to be nearly as nice. I have already picked up several Invector chokes of various manufacture and noted correct threads and lengths, BUT thread placement is not exactly the same. Can anyone tell me if the barrel threading for the chokes goes all of the way to the bore? If not, some of these will bottom out before flush with the barrels...I think. By the way, after paperwork and shipping I'll have less than $360 in mine.

Sounds like you might have some Invector Plus +chokes not the standard Invectors. Alternatively they might be extended Invectors, they are meant to stick out proud from the barrel muzzles. Have a close look at the sides of the barrel block to see whether the choke system matches the marks on the chokes.

MM

On the link below , your chokes should be the standard short Invector  choke . There should be no thread showing at all when the choke is fitted . The top of the choke should be flush with the end of the muzzle . The thread profile and length of thread will all be the same  on the short chokes . The link does say extended chokes are available , they will have the same thread form and length , as MadMillie says . There are probably by now hundreds of aftermarket “ extended” and ported chokes to add a bit onto the barrel length if you want .

https://www.browning.com/support/frequently-asked-questions/does-my-shotgun-have-invector--invector-plus-or-invector-ds-chok.html

I am a little confused here (It does NOT take much ! )  by mention of a Miroku 6000 and multi chokes (above). I was always of the belief that the 6000 and the MK60 were the FIXED choke models, usually 1/4 and 3/4, or 1/2 and Full, and sought after because of the lighter barrels and less 'nose heavy' handling . The 7000 and the MK70 being the multi choked version of the same gun, apart from the flared and slightly heavier barrels. IF it is a 6000 and has multi chokes, could it have been Teagued (or their predecessors) ?  If it has after sales chokes fitted, care should be taken,  as some of the spurious after sales chokes are no longer available and the thread will not fit anything else.

Back