Gunfit

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stigger

I have a B525 sporter one and have been shooting for just under a year, I have always felt the the gun fitted me quite well. I generally score in the mid to late 60's (best was 69)just to give you an idea at what level i'm at. Anyway recently I have been noticing that the gun just feels better and my results seem to be more consistent and improving, culminating on breaking (to me) the 70 barrier, shot 73 on Sunday. Anyway getting back to the subject, I have made no alterations to the gun, the only alteration has been to me.

In the last 3 months I have lost 1.5 stone and it is amazing the difference it makes to gunfit, loosing weight in the face has made it a much softer mount.

I have a B525 sporter one and have been shooting for just under a year, I have always felt the the gun fitted me quite well. I generally score in the mid to late 60's (best was 69)just to give you an idea at what level i'm at. Anyway recently I have been noticing that the gun just feels better and my results seem to be more consistent and improving, culminating on breaking (to me) the 70 barrier, shot 73 on Sunday. Anyway getting back to the subject, I have made no alterations to the gun, the only alteration has been to me.

In the last 3 months I have lost 1.5 stone and it is amazing the difference it makes to gunfit, loosing weight in the face has made it a much softer mount.
Always good to hear when someone's scores go in the right direction.  My face (as a middle aged woman) has lost it's fat so to speak and it made my scores start to deteriorate - I didn't feel the same shooting my gun.    A quick adjustment to my adjustable stock brought everything back.  Weight gain or loss can play a factor in how well the gun fits or not although really good shooters will just compensate and still shoot well it seems.

Could also be that your gun mount has become more consistent and reliable. You get to a point were gun mount and even pre shot routine becomes engrained and muscle memory comes into play therefore freeing ones mind to concentrate fully on shooting the target.

Also having a large sausage roll before each stand can make your hand slippery, so you could be getting a better grip now. 😃

I dropped 3 stone about 18 months ago and had to get my comb adjusted.  Was shooting under stuff, particularly rabbits, as I was getting a much flatter sight picture than I was used to.

wish I could drop a couple of dress sizes !    no chance  im a greedy pig !        big respect to dieters  .
I found that eating less and moving more worked for me.  Getting a fitbit and accurately monitoring calories burned and consumed was the key for me.  It's so easy to misjudge portion sizes and calories consumed unless you are really careful about it.  Doesn't mean I haven't piled over half a stone back on over Christmas that I am only just starting to do something about.

9 days of flu did my waistline a world of good, none of my trousers fit anymore 😜

Could also be that your gun mount has become more consistent and reliable. You get to a point were gun mount and even pre shot routine becomes engrained and muscle memory comes into play therefore freeing ones mind to concentrate fully on shooting the target.
I agree with you, I don't knowingly give mounting the gun much thought now.

Always good to hear when someone's scores go in the right direction.  My face (as a middle aged woman) has lost it's fat so to speak and it made my scores start to deteriorate - I didn't feel the same shooting my gun.    A quick adjustment to my adjustable stock brought everything back.  Weight gain or loss can play a factor in how well the gun fits or not although really good shooters will just compensate and still shoot well it seems.
I have lost quite a bit of weight in my face and for me I think this has improved my sight picture. My gun has a very small right hand cast and now it is centring to my eye correctly.

9 days of flu did my waistline a world of good, none of my trousers fit anymore 😜
There yer go,     I DID warn you about damp in the wardrobe affecting the fit of all of my trousers and it had spread to some of my jackets too, BUT would you listen  ?     😕

Back