Returning to UK Scotland shortly ...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesM70

Hello All,

I am a returning UK Citizen who loves Clay Shooting and actively participates in FITASC, English Sporting and Compak clay shooting in South Africa.

I will be returning to reside in Edinburgh shortly after almost a lifetime abroad, hopefully will pick up clay shooting where i left off in SA. I will probably be asking for advice on clubs and getting a shotgun certificate in scotland in due course.

Thank you for the opportunity to join this forum

Regards 

James 

Hi welcome back.  There's plenty of grounds near Edinburgh. The SCTA (Scottish  clay target  association) website  is a good place to look.   The National shooting ground Scotland is not too far away for international disciplines if that's your thing. 

As for certificate.  You will need to be able to get someone in a responsible position who has known you for at least  to countersigh the application. (Not family) 

Hi welcome back.  There's plenty of grounds near Edinburgh. The SCTA (Scottish  clay target  association) website  is a good place to look.   The National shooting ground Scotland is not too far away for international disciplines if that's your thing. 

As for certificate.  You will need to be able to get someone in a responsible position who has known you for at least  to countersigh the application. (Not family) 
Thank you I will definitely have a look at the Website of SCTA. Shouldn't be a problem regarding the certificate either not 100% sure of the process but thank you for the advice and guidance - much appreciated

Hi and welcome.. I think that you may find it is 'Scottish Sporting' shot to 'English' rules, until they get Independence, that is  !       😉

Last edited by a moderator:
You are going to need several jumpers, long johns and a waterproof to shoot in Scotland most of the time! :)   :)   :)  

Good day sir & Welcome.

I have just done the north coast 500 route - inverness to skye, then to home.. after some mad winds...

Didn't see any shooting grounds in the highlands (for clay shooting anyway) But there was a spot in Skye - but it was lessons only, no pay and play :cry:

Latest posts

Back