Franchi 520 hunter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver 1

Hi, first post as the introduce yourself section ate my original post

63, been shooting 2.5 years so fairly new to it

now the reason for my joining

sadly a friend of mine has passed away very recently.

in addition to my own Browning S1 Sporter I have inherited , amongst other guns, his Franchi 520 Hunter. Being a farmer this has never been cleaned since it was made in '78. It is in very good condition araprt from the dirt and sludge. I have stripped and cleaned it and it works fine, apart from one small issue; and this is where hopefully one of you can help.  The plastic buffer at the rear of the sliding bolt has disintegrated into a pile of orange/brown bits and needs replacing to stop the metal on metal impact. I have talked to GMK workshop and they say no parts are available but it won't cause any detriment on light loads ( I only shoot/miss clays with 28g fibre 7s) BUT I would like it to be right.

talked to Franchi in USA....total waste of time.

So....does anybody know what the dimensions of the buffer are? I can make one as I have lathes, mills etc and plenty of Nylon 66 and Delrin stock

or even better does anyone know where I can buy one from? Or borrow one and size it myself? The main dimension required is the protrusion into the breech

other toys include

Browning 125

Carr Bros Huddersfield SBS hammer sidelock 12g

Webley Scott 410 single bolt action

Belgian folding 410 'Poachers' SBS

any help gratefully received

thank you

Best bet would be to contact Franchi Europe direct rather than the UK distributor, I belive they are based in Italy and are part of the Beretta group. Do a web search and drop them an email.  Try starting at: [SIZE=12pt][email protected], if they are anything like Beretta eu, they will be surprisingly helpful.[/SIZE]

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Try posting this on pigeon watch. More mechanically minded folk on there and also someone who maybe has the gun and is willing to give you dimensions. 

Jasper

Try posting this on pigeon watch. More mechanically minded folk on there and also someone who maybe has the gun and is willing to give you dimensions. 

Jasper
I have been trying to register on pigeonwatch for 5 days with no luck. I have even sent them an e mail saying my registration confirmation email has never arrived and I have used a few email addresses, still no reply.

i have spent a few hours today cleaning the 3 other toys that I also acquired, because it was my mates funeral yesterday and I would like to break some clays ( for him) with each of them tomorrow; I hope to make this an annual event.

now that they are clean-ish and oiled I can see the serial numbers. 

Is there any way I can date them from these?

the proofing marks on the Belgian point to it being around 1928/1938 but alas I cannot find anything definitive on the Carr Bros. Or Webley Scott without some more aggressive cleaning

any info gratefully received

thank you

Latest posts

Back