Hillsie15

Cartridge Recommendation

Doctor Lecter

shells are like chokes        people tell me  1/4  1/2   will kill any esp target   and like wise  these shells are brilliant  !!!!     when I ask   " is this your set up "    usual answer     " err no   bla bla bla "   :wink:

• Like 1

MartynB

The truth is that any £180 - £200 a thousand mid range cartridge will do the job for you .  The place I buy my cartridges stocks Eley and Expess . It’s so convenient to buy from there as I can pull my car up 3 feet from the magazine door.  For that reason alone I’ve not tried much else for 20 years. Most of this year I’ve been using Olympic Blues, 28gm 7.5 . Reliable , clean burning , break anything I’m likely to encounter. 

• Like 3

Dan525

As you may gather from the mere fact there are so many different opinions on this - it really doesn't matter. I'd say what matters more is sticking with one.

• Like 1

jason king

I would say to get used to the gun etc the best bet to start with is something without excessive recoil,saw a young girl shooting a field type gun(light) trying for the first time, gun was kicking and jumping terrible,speaking to her dad they were using black gold...she bruised her cheek really bad, so not a good introduction for her thats for sure.

• Like 3