Cartridge Recommendation

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillsie15

Morning All,

I am picking up a 12g Browning B525 Ultra XS pro at the weekend, you can probably imagine I’m a little bit excited about that...

I was wondering if anyone has a cartridge recommendation, I shoot mainly Sporting and am hoping to enter a few comps later in the year.

Any pointers would be greatly received...

Thanks 

Ones that go bang and chuck lead out the end of the barrel!

My advice would be look for something YOU don't perceive much recoil from.

Maybe not Comp X 28g but literally almost anything else will do,shells are the least of your worries as 99.9% of them are better than 100% of us.

Thanks for the reply Schmokinn, I was picking up on comments elsewhere on here that seem to suggest some guns are better paired with certain cartridges.

Your comments are noted, I’ll get out with a variety and see what seems to feel best.

I've got a 525 sporter one and can only comment on fibre cartridges.

Go for the cheapest in your area. 

In 28g I use Velocity +, English Sporter & RC Ramagnola, all do the job very well (I can't tell the difference between them, maybe a bit more confetti from the RC). As for perceived recoil, they are all the same to me. Only time I can really notice less recoil is when stepping down in weight to 24g.

I started of with Hull comp X 21g’s, spending long days trying to find a method to the madness, glad I did use these as I was still black and blue the next day. 😲

I have a 525 sporter one, been shooting a dozen or so times, and I'm getting fiocchi tt1 24g & 28g which seem to work for me and they're under 50 quid a slab/200 quid per thousand. Dunno if that helps?

I also think Hull Comp x 21g are a great starter cartridge with low recoil (and better than the 28g version..)

eley select in fibres are nice on the shoulder and get good breaks

Hull Sporting 100. One of the smoothest cartridges you will ever shoot. Around £212 for 1k

ive been using cheddite in my browning for the last year, they seem to suit me fine

its money   , recoil ,   regular availability   and trial a error      how serious you want to progress  ,    personal preference   what suits the gun etc     good luck searching and trying different brands .    :thankyou:

I like and have settled into the Velocity+ in plastic 28g, but as the other more experienced shots have said these just work for me and my preferences.

I did shoot Lyalvale power gold the other day after somebody handed me a box to try - I thoroughly enjoyed them but too rich for my blood!

Personally am a Gambore fan and use the Evo`s. I tried the Volocity + early on and didn't like them, Sian on here recommended the Evo`s and I have stuck with them since....in fact on Saturday am collecting my next 1000.

I tried a box of 25 black gold 7.5 28g that I was bought last year and I didn't enjoy them one bit, nasty recoil. White gold were once my favourite but when I got a mortgage that had to stop.

Over Christmas I bought 200 LE Super Comps as a mate was selling them cheap. Have to say they were really nice to shoot and I think a bit better than my Evo`s but the regular price of them means I wont be buying any more any time soon. Ive herd good things about the Power Gold too but haven't yet tried them. 

This is just my findings though.

I like and have settled into the Velocity+ in plastic 28g, but as the other more experienced shots have said these just work for me and my preferences.

I did shoot Lyalvale power gold the other day after somebody handed me a box to try - I thoroughly enjoyed them but too rich for my blood!
I do NOT think that you are supposed to eat them though  ?  After all, if spent shot is killing all of those birds, you stand no bloomin chance  !    😄

Last edited by a moderator:
The fiocchi fblus are superb . You should get them for less than £50 slab/£200 thou. 

Latest posts

Back