slammers !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

bloke had a few shots with my gun  ,   he slammed it together like a lorry door           why  ?     was he testing the stock for cracks ?      :umbrage:        he wont be having it again !!!

Mechanically unsympathetic people annoy me. However, the classic issue is when somebody is used to a Beretta which needs a good push to close, then gets handed a Browning which falls shut. They operate differently.

😂,  honestly the difference is incredible . More like mini valve springs rather than the Miroku wire . You’d have to be a very determined individual to slam the action .  

I’ve never understood gun slammers , especially on a typical Browning/ Miroku where the cartridge primer  often bears on  the top firing pin which doesn’t have a return spring . 

I even ease the bolt closed on my 303 auto.......................................especially when Trapshooting, so as not to disturb the other shooters  !     🙄

Mechanically unsympathetic people annoy me. However, the classic issue is when somebody is used to a Beretta which needs a good push to close, then gets handed a Browning which falls shut. They operate differently.
Improperly fitted forend iron is a common fault of many guns - Perazzis, Berettas, Brownings, etc!.  The contact between the iron and the action is really a very low wear area unless forced into it by bad fitting.  I have an MT6 here that has been shot tens of thousands of rounds since I eased the iron fit and it has worn additionally nothing since.  Why the factories feel compelled to use "0" as a tolerance escapes me.  What is the point of unnecessary wear?

JMO of course but it only takes about 10seconds to fix it

bloke had a few shots with my gun  ,   he slammed it together like a lorry door           why  ?     was he testing the stock for cracks ?      :umbrage:        he wont be having it again !!!
On the rare occasion that I loan a gun, and never to anyone whose habits I am not aware of, I always provide a brief instruction on operation and a caveat that mentions bleeding wounds.

Latest posts

Back