antse7en

Top 6 selling O/U new shotguns 2018 (according to Oxford Gun Co)

El Spavo

And did they constantly suck their gums too as if teeth weren't fitted correctly?

TK421

I love the way people jump on others comments when it clearly said ‘tongue in cheek’  😬. The PC police are out in force, stay safe everyone 👮‍♂️

7103076B-C9F0-4134-86C9-505F9A7A7D59.png

Edited by TK421
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Wonko the Sane

Interesting thread drift.  From gun sales to  poorly fitted dentures.  Don't often see that one

• Like 1

Simbo

Not since gnasher left! 😂

Martinj
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:57 PM, El Spavo said:

Yeah, that bloke's just got badly fitted false teeth, it's why he keeps sucking his gums every 30 seconds!

Sounds like Jim from the Vicar of Dibley,  (in a respectful, loving kind of way)

Finners
On 1/19/2019 at 7:31 AM, Hamster said:

Just googled a review and yes the action block does bear a passing resemblance to early Beretta but copying designs has long been a thing among gun makers, wasn't aware of copyrights, still, I'd be staggered if they're anywhere near as good as a 25 year old real deal. 

AFAIK, the design of the action is actually based on the 686. I had a little look at one at the Midland Game Fair and to be perfectly honest, I was quite impressed with the build and general feel of it. For £500 or so, it's the one to beat.

Obviously it would never be of interest to serious comp shooters, but certainly worth the asking price in my humble. 

• Thanks 1

westley

I am sure that I have read that they bought the old machinery from Beretta, hence the VERY close resemblance.  I would be interested in seeing one after a few years use/abuse though ! 

I refuse to be sucked into the Doug debate  ! 

Edited by westley
  • Haha 1

El Spavo

And that is the big question. The argument at the moment is is it worth a beginner getting a brand new ATA at over half the price of even a second hand 686 when the original will hold its value for resale... whereas no-one knows what will happen with the ATA. People who have them seem to speak well of it though.

Hamster

All that glitters is not gold. 

• Like 1

El Spavo

They don't do a gold one Hamster, but you can get a nice black if you're interested?? :)

• Thanks 1

BLANKMAG

i think oxford gun got it  right !!! for first time maybe second time buyers . its a big investment for most of us (well me) to justify guns above say £3000  . i bought a blaser f3 and yes i had a problem that is  still waiting to be fixed . (great gun tho )

El Spavo

Personally, I think it's brilliant that if you're just in it for fun, the quality of 'starter' guns is so good that you don't necessarily need to get another one!

• Like 1

wylye

This is true   -   but you will............

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

El Spavo
3 minutes ago, wylye said:

This is true   -   but you will............

Hah, my lack of knowledge genuinely wonders what I would actually benefit from it? All talk of adjustable triggers and stuff like that seems like cars nowadays... I can't fix mine when I used to be able to get my spanners out on them back in the day: take chokes... just more stuff to screw with your head! :D If my B525 doesn't bust, not sure what the point of getting summat like a 725 would be apart from cosmetic.

(having said that, I do have about 10 guitars hanging on my walls!! 😂 )

Wonko the Sane
19 hours ago, El Spavo said:

Personally, I think it's brilliant that if you're just in it for fun, the quality of 'starter' guns is so good that you don't necessarily need to get another one!

If someone tells you that you don't "need" another gun just quit talking to that person.  You don't benefit from that sort of negativity.  "Need" is not a necessary component of any gun or guitar purchase.

TabA/SlotB

• Like 1

Finners
On 1/27/2019 at 4:24 PM, Wonko the Sane said:

If someone tells you that you don't "need" another gun just quit talking to that person.  You don't benefit from that sort of negativity.  "Need" is not a necessary component of any gun or guitar purchase.

TabA/SlotB

And watches, don't forget watches 😉

Wonko the Sane
11 hours ago, Finners said:

And watches, don't forget watches 😉

Well, Omega watches anyway

• Like 1

Finners
On 2/1/2019 at 7:46 PM, Wonko the Sane said:

Well, Omega watches anyway

Just sold one, I've only got two (Omega watches) now; one gun and no guitars. 

Salopian

New kid on the block , Kofs  retailing at just over £400 imported by Sportsman Gun Centre , does the job but for how long ?

There is another entry level gun imported by Malmo Gun Company , made in Turkey , the name of which escapes me but it is one hell of a good gun , well made , well finished and shoots very well.

It is my understanding that 'deadly Doug' has indeed suffered from throat cancer so maybe that will help some of you to feel much better about your comments?

• Like 2

Paul120
36 minutes ago, Salopian said:

New kid on the block , Kofs  retailing at just over £400 imported by Sportsman Gun Centre , does the job but for how long ?

There is another entry level gun imported by Malmo Gun Company , made in Turkey , the name of which escapes me but it is one hell of a good gun , well made , well finished and shoots very well.

It is my understanding that 'deadly Doug' has indeed suffered from throat cancer so maybe that will help some of you to feel much better about your comments?

You might be thinking of the Redolfi EOS which is made in Italy.   I've had a go with one and it was very good.  Well worth a look at. 

El Spavo
1 hour ago, Salopian said:

My dad died verrrrry slowly of cancer in a hospice over the course of a year, so know how messed up that is, but still makes no bearing on what I said about the video.

• Thanks 1

Will Hewland

I have developed a particularly unattractive midriff in recent times. I have therefore decided not to model underwear. 

jonz
9 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

I have developed a particularly unattractive midriff in recent times. I have therefore decided not to model underwear. 

Need to get that image out of my head asap😬!

• Haha 1

Jeremy Heaton
On 1/19/2019 at 7:31 AM, Hamster said:

Just googled a review and yes the action block does bear a passing resemblance to early Beretta but copying designs has long been a thing among gun makers, wasn't aware of copyrights, still, I'd be staggered if they're anywhere near as good as a 25 year old real deal. 

I have one and it’s not been very reliable. It’s about to have its 3rd trip to the repair shop. I wish I’d spend more on my first gun and bought  a used but better quality one  

Edited by Jeremy Heaton
  • Like 1