Top 6 selling O/U new shotguns 2018 (according to Oxford Gun Co)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antse7en

Thought this was interesting. Source is Oxford Gun Co so whether entirely accurate or not who knows. 

In summary:

Only 25k new guns sold in the UK over the whole of 2018 - to me, this is much lower than I would have guessed and reinforces just how strong the second hand market is.

The top 6:

1. Browning 525
  2. Beretta SP
  3. Miroku MK38/70
  4. Browning 725
  5. Yildiz
  6. ATA Sporter
Browning (11k) and Beretta (9k) represent 20k of those 25k sold. That bit isn't surprising. 

Video below for those who want to take a watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
8 minutes ago, antse7en said:

Thought this was interesting. Source is Oxford Gun Co so whether entirely accurate or not who knows. 

In summary:

Only 25k new guns sold in the UK over the whole of 2018 - to me, this is much lower than I would have guessed and reinforces just how strong the second hand market is.

The top 6:

1. Browning 525
  2. Beretta SP
  3. Miroku MK38/70
  4. Browning 725
  5. Yildiz
  6. ATA Sporter
Browning (11k) and Beretta (9k) represent 20k of those 25k sold. That bit isn't surprising. 

Video below for those who want to take a watch.

Facts don’t lie. However, I would like to see the list of top six guns bought by fairly committed competition shooters. 

Hmmm, nothing really surprising there, could have said that's your 6 best selling and I'd have pretty much believed you. And I'm not sure I'd be letting that chap make more videos; probably a lovely bloke but that was a bit of a struggle for both him and me I think. 😕

And thayt was thayt.

You are soooo 2013 love! :)

Look for more absolute cast iron copies of a SIlver Pigeon now the copyright has run out coming your way soon. ;)
Just googled a review and yes the action block does bear a passing resemblance to early Beretta but copying designs has long been a thing among gun makers, wasn't aware of copyrights, still, I'd be staggered if they're anywhere near as good as a 25 year old real deal. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, nothing really surprising there, could have said that's your 6 best selling and I'd have pretty much believed you. And I'm not sure I'd be letting that chap make more videos; probably a lovely bloke but that was a bit of a struggle for both him and me I think. 😕
dont think you should judge so fast,think you will find he has more hands on knowledge in the trade and can out score the majority on here

The numbers don't lie ... but most of those guns are probably entry level quality guns. Not that there is anything wrong with people buying guns to suit their own needs but 20k new guns sold in the UK between Browning and Beretta tells it's own story really. Perazzi only make about 10 guns per day some manufacturers, of shall we say higher quality guns, make even less. Things have to be put into some sort of context for example there are more Ford Mondeo's sold in the UK per year than Ferrari 488's ... nothing remarkable about that. Likewise the same applies to the gun market cheap guns are out selling expensive guns nothing remarkable about that either.

dont think you should judge so fast,think you will find he has more hands on knowledge in the trade and can out score the majority on here
Not commenting on his knowledge, it'll be miles ahead of what I'll ever know, it was totally and completely about his terrible delivery: unplanned, stuttering, and broken. The fact he had to apologise and comment on looking at his notes just makes it look like it was just chucked together. We have a media course in my line of work in case an officer is asked to speak to the press on a major incident and it's the sort of video that would be shown as an example of how not to present. If it was a personal video, fair enough, but this is associated in coordination with a quite large company in The Oxford Gun Co, just doesn't look professional at all. Just to make the thinking behind my comment clear.

At least get your first line out without making a mistake!

I sound like that when I’m chewing toffee and talk through a straw.  
That's not a nice thing to say when he has a speech impediment, to be honest, you're street cred is now zero in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Westward said:

Doug taught his son David everything he knew about making videos.

Do you find it funny when someone has a speech impediment?

That's not a nice thing to say when he has a speech impediment, to be honest, you're street cred is now zero in my opinion.

Do you find it funny when someone has a speech impediment?
Well said Mike my thoughts exactly 

Back