CPSA Member to shoot British/English open

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJJ

As title really. Do you need to be a full CPSA Member to shoot either the two above events??? Well it does say 'open' in the titles!!!

Thanks for any replies.

I’m pretty sure you do as entries are done via CPSA themselves (website). Ordinary reg shoots entered at the ground, hence no need there..

I’m pretty sure you do as entries are done via CPSA themselves (website). Ordinary reg shoots entered at the ground, hence no need there.
Thanks Will. Only asking as my son would like to shoot one or the other

As title really. Do you need to be a full CPSA Member to shoot either the two above events??? Well it does say 'open' in the titles!!!

Thanks for any replies.
CPSA web states that the major championships "are open to any full CPSA member" would imagine overseas competitors would need to be also, last summer saw a host of new "ROW"(Rest of World as no County) members following to Worlds at EJC, bite the proverbial bullet and become members, no issue then.

Off topic a wee bit but down here in France you have to be a member of either the FFBT or FFT to enter any competition... but an FFBT member cannot enter an event organised by the FFT and vice versa??? FFT is OT and FFBT is UT and FITASC/ sporting, any other county one association/ federation would do! So if you want to shoot all disciplines you have to shell out twice every year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for any replies.
You’ve answered your own question, it’s an open event. So long as you’re a member of a recognised governing body from either the UK or elsewhere you’re fine. Many UK championships have been won by overseas competitors with no connection to the CPSA.

You’ve answered your own question, it’s an open event. So long as you’re a member of a recognised governing body from either the UK or elsewhere
Jan - no i never answered my own question. The question was - do you need to be a full member of the cpsa to shoot either of the two events? Its either a yes or no?

Apparently its a yes you do. I am a member so it does not affect me.

bite the proverbial bullet and become members, no issue then.
I am a member thanks.

Jan - no i never answered my own question. The question was - do you need to be a full member of the cpsa to shoot either of the two events? Its either a yes or no?

Apparently its a yes you do. I am a member so it does not affect me.

I am a member thanks.
OK then, to keep it simple, no you don’t. I’m not a CPSA member and shoot open competitions in this country and overseas without impediment. Many others do the same.

OK then, to keep it simple, no you don’t. I’m not a CPSA member and shoot open competitions in this country and overseas without impediment. Many others do the same.
Last year. i rang the CPSA office in the uk and asked explicity if a Non member British resident could shoot the British Open sporting, The answer was No.

Latest posts

Back