B725 s1 vs ultra xs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny batoo

Hi Guys

Looking for some opinions on upgrading to one of the above with 32" barrels, I mainly shoot English sporting and have been for 6 months now but already I am looking to upgrade. I currently shoot a b325  30" barrels, but had the oportunity to try the above and liked both for different reasons. But am torn between the two albeit the ultra xs is an older gun than the b725 but are same money! Any constructive feed back will be much appreciated 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not hesitate to buy a 725 after all the reviews I have read and the fact that I have a 725 Hunter which swings so smoothly.

try each on a full round of sporting rather than just a few shots,might help you decide re balance weight/feel.thats if the owners would oblige

I've shot both. Several 725s and a mate's Ultra XS. Don't want to upset anyone but to me the 725s just don't have the same quality feel of the older models.

I quite liked the weight, balance and handling of Ultra but even though it had their usual crappy trigger pulls, if it absolutely had to be one of these 2, it'd be the Ultra every time.

... if it absolutely had to be one of these 2, it'd be the Ultra every time.
...… and the Ultra did not feel right for me but the 725 Hunter did feel right but not in Sport config.  Personal preference is the order of the day!   As suggested above I would shoot both before making a decision.  

I know what you mean westward , I felt the ultra xs had a more traditional browning feel where as the 725 I likened to the beretta 690 with a similar feel to the body. However it did feel balanced and was comfortable to shoot.  Will have to have another round with both I think!!!

Ultra

P.S. Have you considered 725Pro(Trap/Sport)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean westward , I felt the ultra xs had a more traditional browning feel where as the 725 I likened to the beretta 690 with a similar feel to the body. However it did feel balanced and was comfortable to shoot.  Will have to have another round with both I think!!!
The last 725 I shot was a demo gun, supposedly new, which was on loan to someone whose own near new 725 was being fixed (for the 2nd time). I agree they have something of a Beretta feel but this demo was enough to put me off for life. It felt sloppy and made a peculiar clang when closing. It just didn't feel solid and the trigger had excessive free travel which is something that I hate.

Some people love the 725 though but several people I know who bought one did move on fairly quickly.

Hi Guys

Looking for some opinions on upgrading to one of the above with 32" barrels, I mainly shoot English sporting and have been for 6 months now but already I am looking to upgrade. I currently shoot a b325  30" barrels, but had the oportunity to try the above and liked both for different reasons. But am torn between the two albeit the ultra xs is an older gun than the b725 but are same money! Any constructive feed back will be much appreciated 👍
Where are you based bud? 

I have a B725 sporter ii with 32" barrels, adjustable. More than happy to let you shoot a round should we cross paths.

The last 725 I shot was a demo gun, supposedly new, which was on loan to someone whose own near new 725 was being fixed (for the 2nd time). I agree they have something of a Beretta feel but this demo was enough to put me off for life. It felt sloppy and made a peculiar clang when closing. It just didn't feel solid and the trigger had excessive free travel which is something that I hate.

Some people love the 725 though but several people I know who bought one did move on fairly quickly.
Really interesting you mention a "peculiar clang when closing" as I know exactly what you mean. It's quite different to the typical Browning 'clunk'.

Mine is an adjustable trigger set middle and I have to say the trigger pulls are rather responsive, IMO far better that the 692 my father in law has. I suppose this is the inherent issue with mass factory made guns, no two ever behave the same.  

I shoot well with my 725, with that said I am looking to change to an MK38 trap conversion so go figure!

Some people don't care about trigger pulls because they slap or yank the trigger. I've never been able to train myself to do that and instead always pull the trigger by applying pressure - IOW squeezing). Consequently when pull weight varies, which happened on all 3 Berettas I've owned and particularly on the Miroku I had years ago, it costs me targets.

And that was big factor in choosing a Guerini because their trigger pulls are simply in a different league from the other mid range guns.

Where are you based bud? 

I have a B725 sporter ii with 32" barrels, adjustable. More than happy to let you shoot a round should we cross paths.
Thanks for the offer bud, I am in royston Hertfordshire. However I am going to Barrow (Bury) this weekend and hope to be trying a 32 " B725.

Hi Johny. I have a B725 S1 with 30" barrels and i absolutely love it. I live in Enfield town. You are very welcome to try it as much as you like. I ll be shooting on Sunday. In case you would like to meet with me, my number is 07766616179.

Back