Krieghoff fluffy rabbits

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Please forgive me! 🤣 

I see a lot of fluffy rabbits regarding Krieghoff, what's it all about?

Thanks 👍

No-one edited the title, the chap who set up the forum doesn't like the word b.a.n.t.e.r so it automatically gets replaced.

As for the rude comments on here about Krieghoffs, it's because there are far too many old farts with no taste on this forum 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
You will always get someone pissing on yer chips no matter what gun , or indeed, any product you have from motorcycles and cars to chainsaws one make has to be shoite and another has to be the best. THe truth is you bought it and shoot it what someone else thinks of it is irrelevant ... cost and country of origin are also very important. F' knows what is going to happen when the Chinese start copying and perfecting cloned shotguns :)  

No-one edited the title, the chap who set up the forum doesn't like the word b.a.n.t.e.r so it automatically gets replaced.

As for the rude comments on here about Krieghoffs, it's because there are far too many old farts with no taste on this forum 😉
The chap - thats me. 

The b-anter word is often used as code for something less fun - as a joke, I changed it... soz!

Nice hardwood floor. 

makes no matter what breed you use as long as it does the job and suits you, and its safe/reliable,I like to see someone clear a stand irrelivant if its a baikal worth £70 or a ***** costing £KKKs.  its all good fun .

Also some not-so-old farts just envious ..  How anybody can say that some of the Kreighoffs that I have seen are ugly is beyond belief.

Also some not-so-old farts just envious ..  How anybody can say that some of the Kreihoffs that I have seen are ugly is beyond belief.
I shoot one and I must admit that they don't have the most sleek profile. I'm not overly keen on the engraving either (prefer the plain look of my other gun - DT10).  BUT, the parcours has lovely balance, handles like a dream and the trigger is better than anything else I've ever shot.

The thing with Krieghoffs is that they just don't look like anything else on the market hence they tend to be easy to pick on, on an intellectual level 😝  they get a certain amount of deserved stick because they are so perplexingly expensive. Staying with the  intellectual theme 😬  one can't help but think the marketing is every bit as good as the undoubtedly excellent (though not flawless in reliability) engineering. 

In car terms it's as if someone managed to get Bristol Cars by the scruff of the neck and yank them into near Hyundai'esque sales figures, that alone is going to jar a few noses out of joint. 

FWIW I think Krieghoffs are some of the prettiest guns on the planet when done right, like a good Ted Baker waistcoat 😎  it needs to be loud, brash and confident and just on the inside of classy, slightly under done looks utilitarian and entry level, slightly over done looks gaudy. 

I shoot one and I must admit that they don't have the most sleek profile. I'm not overly keen on the engraving either (prefer the plain look of my other gun - DT10).  BUT, the parcours has lovely balance, handles like a dream and the trigger is better than anything else I've ever shot.
so which one do you use most? and are scores about the same for either?

As for the rude comments on here about Krieghoffs, it's because there are far too many old farts with no taste on this forum 😉

Actually I think there may only be one , and I think he has good taste . 

Those two photographed could look okay when the stocks are finished . What wood is that Jeremy ? Pruned Dog Rose?

As we are doing K pics , I bought the K80  below years ago as it had a dog engraving on one side ( a good a reason as many  justifications I hear!  ) . It’s the much maligned Dural lightweight action ( it never stopped me using an ounce and a quarter Victory 7s when FITASC rules allowed it 😂) . It is a nice looking gun IMHO  It always attracts attention when it’s stood in a rack .  It’s actually a lot lighter and faster to handle than the other gun in  the picture, a 32” MK38 trap ( with a few mods)  which is my current all rounder which to be fair is a lovely looking gun in it’s own right .  The Kreighoff must a fair old age as the action says W.Germany on the action  . 

E44A57D1-1B37-4CD9-BC58-765566BBE02F.jpeg

DB38484A-F2A8-4CE8-809B-F928ED4A3574.jpeg

Latest posts

Back