Cartridge choice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sir missalot

Hi been using eley select cartrides 28g size 8 shot but soon in market to top up supply but was thinking of trying something new, not interested in spending silly money but happy to try mid range price. Got to be in fibre to, look forward to hear any recommendations thankyou.

+1 Gamebore Velocity. 

I chopped and changed initially, trying to get a feel for what I liked (TT one, Comp X, SuperFast, few Lyalvale etc) and settled on the Velocity. 

Affordable - I pay <£44 slab in my local, not overly punchy and a good consistent cartridge. 

If I'm honest I can tell very little difference between Fibre and Plastic in these, other than what I see visually leaving the barrels. 

The RC Romanola fibres are great, easy on the shoulder and good hits.  Don’t use them often but when I do, no problems.

Hi been using eley select cartrides 28g size 8 shot but soon in market to top up supply but was thinking of trying something new, not interested in spending silly money but happy to try mid range price. Got to be in fibre to, look forward to hear any recommendations thankyou.
I find the red ones with black writing are the best by far.

Velocity fibre are £205 /1000 RRP. More like £58 if you buy just a slab. You sure about £44?
Hey Will,

I buy plastic but yes £44 is correct. Most I've paid in there is £48 when I buy under a 1000. 

Built up a decent relationship with him too so he's going to look into the possibility of getting a few thousands in 8s if available end of the month from GB. 

Hey Will,

I buy plastic but yes £44 is correct. Most I've paid in there is £48 when I buy under a 1000. 

Built up a decent relationship with him too so he's going to look into the possibility of getting a few thousands in 8s if available end of the month from GB. 
Ah OK, fibres are dearer, but that’s still very cheap. 

Was gonna say; just called Reigate gunmakers and they're quoting £51 a slab. Places near me on berks/hants border are saying just under the price Will gave.
Was that for a single slab? Have to say I don't buy less than 500-750 so maybe he gives a better deal.

Back