sir missalot

Cartridge choice

sir missalot

Hi been using eley select cartrides 28g size 8 shot but soon in market to top up supply but was thinking of trying something new, not interested in spending silly money but happy to try mid range price. Got to be in fibre to, look forward to hear any recommendations thankyou.

Will Hewland

Gamebore Velocity+ or EVO are worth a go.

• Thanks 1

Geordieboy

Fiocchi TT1's.  Hull Sporting 100 I here are good too.

Will Hewland
4 minutes ago, Geordieboy said:

Fiocchi TT1's.  Hull Sporting 100 I here are good too.

In fibre now?

Geordieboy
8 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

In fibre now?

NOt sure.......I only shoot plastics as I'm harmful to the environment......so everybody tells me! 😃

Doctor Lecter

hull superfast fibre  !

Will Hewland
Just now, Doctor Lecter said:

hull superfast fibre  !

If you don’t mind recoil..

antse7en

+1 Gamebore Velocity. 

I chopped and changed initially, trying to get a feel for what I liked (TT one, Comp X, SuperFast, few Lyalvale etc) and settled on the Velocity. 

Affordable - I pay <£44 slab in my local, not overly punchy and a good consistent cartridge. 

If I'm honest I can tell very little difference between Fibre and Plastic in these, other than what I see visually leaving the barrels. 

El Spavo

Where do you get the Gamebore Velocity for £44?

• Like 1

antse7en
2 minutes ago, El Spavo said:

Where do you get the Gamebore Velocity for £44?

Reigate mate.

• Thanks 1

donna

The RC Romanola fibres are great, easy on the shoulder and good hits.  Don’t use them often but when I do, no problems.

wylye
18 hours ago, sir missalot said:

Hi been using eley select cartrides 28g size 8 shot but soon in market to top up supply but was thinking of trying something new, not interested in spending silly money but happy to try mid range price. Got to be in fibre to, look forward to hear any recommendations thankyou.

I find the red ones with black writing are the best by far.

• Like 2

Doug Pinnegar

Another vote for the Velocity+ 

El Spavo
1 hour ago, antse7en said:

Reigate mate.

Cheers. Know you're roughly quite near me, they're about the same price as the Fiocchi TT1 I use and wondered if there was much difference. Might give them a crack sometime.

Will Hewland
1 hour ago, antse7en said:

Reigate mate.

Velocity fibre are £205 /1000 RRP. More like £58 if you buy just a slab. You sure about £44?

El Spavo

Was gonna say; just called Reigate gunmakers and they're quoting £51 a slab. Places near me on berks/hants border are saying just under the price Will gave.

antse7en
1 minute ago, Will Hewland said:

Velocity fibre are £205 /1000 RRP. More like £58 if you buy just a slab. You sure about £44?

Hey Will,

I buy plastic but yes £44 is correct. Most I've paid in there is £48 when I buy under a 1000. 

Built up a decent relationship with him too so he's going to look into the possibility of getting a few thousands in 8s if available end of the month from GB. 

Will Hewland
Just now, antse7en said:

Hey Will,

I buy plastic but yes £44 is correct. Most I've paid in there is £48 when I buy under a 1000. 

Built up a decent relationship with him too so he's going to look into the possibility of getting a few thousands in 8s if available end of the month from GB. 

Ah OK, fibres are dearer, but that’s still very cheap. 

antse7en
Just now, El Spavo said:

Was gonna say; just called Reigate gunmakers and they're quoting £51 a slab. Places near me on berks/hants border are saying just under the price Will gave.

Was that for a single slab? Have to say I don't buy less than 500-750 so maybe he gives a better deal.

Will Hewland
3 minutes ago, antse7en said:

Was that for a single slab? Have to say I don't buy less than 500-750 so maybe he gives a better deal.

Normal practice is price for 250, 500, 750, 1000 decreases pro rata

C71E375E-C492-4680-A4F7-61DE726AA403.png

antse7en
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

Normal practice is price for 250, 500, 750, 1000 decreases pro rata

I'm shooting around 750 per month so if I bought by the slab I may as well get a job in there as I'd be visiting so often :laugh:

Edit - interesting you use Just Cartridges as a baseline, every single time I've checked their prices against local shops they've been more expensive - and that's not taking into account delivery fees etc. 

Edited by antse7en
  • Like 1

Will Hewland
4 minutes ago, antse7en said:

I'm shooting around 750 per month so if I bought by the slab I may as well get a job in there as I'd be visiting so often :laugh:

Edit - interesting you use Just Cartridges as a baseline, every single time I've checked their prices against local shops they've been more expensive - and that's not taking into account delivery fees etc. 

They are. But consistently, so you can see what you should expect elsewhere, about 2-5% cheaper. I very rarely buy from them..

Geordieboy
27 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

Why fibres when plastics are cheaper and softer to shoot?

Will Hewland
2 minutes ago, Geordieboy said:

Why fibres when plastics are cheaper and softer to shoot?

Well.. only because of grounds that dictate them.  Or the occasional plastic guilt shooter. 

• Like 2

Martinj
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, sir missalot said:

I usually use plastic wads these days but would be happy to use Lyalvale English Sporter F/Wad any day of the week, I was checking prices today:

Solware £193.70/1000 + £16 carriage/1000

Forge Farm £201.15/1000 collect (Bordon/Farnham Hants area)

Just Cartridges £199.50/1000 + £15 carriage/1000

Edited by Martinj