Westley & Richards - Engineer Required!!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlafUK

Job for a Engineer! 

Gun Room Skilled Engineer

Westley Richards & Company Ltd
-
Birmingham

£25,000 - £33,000 a year

An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled engineer to join a bespoke handmade Shotgun and Rifle manufacturer based in Birmingham.

The ideal candidate will have vast experience working at a bench to showcase their precision engineering hand skills making world-renowned handcrafted masterpieces.

The successful candidate will join an experienced team of gunmakers and engineers who dedicate their talents making an exceptional product whilst investing their time in training the next generation of enthusiastic apprentices.

With proven experience in engineering/toolmaking, you will need to demonstrate you have the following skills & experience:

• Exceptional hand skills and attention to detail
  • Ability to find fault and repair faults
  • A Team player with the willingness to pass on experience to up and coming apprentices
  • Ability to work within targets without compromising quality
The successful candidate will work 39 hours per week Monday to Friday, with the option of overtime once fully trained.

The salary is negotiable for this role dependant on experience and skill, the company requires driven, passionate employees and can offer progression for high performing candidates.

Benefits include On-Site Parking, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discounts on Retail Products and 33 days holiday per annum.

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: £25,000.00 to £33,000.00 /year

Experience:

• Shooting: 2 years (Preferred)
  • engineering: 5 years (Required)

Could get more in a factory,  piss poor for a qualified person, I know I work in factory  .

It amazes me,bin men and factory workers on £16.30 for a normal working hour....i smell something!

And although i have been in the countryside today it ain't on my feet!

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to and regularly do 60 hours a week to earn £33k
I think it all depends where in the UK you are. I’m in an expensive area compared to Norfolk or Birmingham. If any skilled turners, millers, grinders, machine programmers will work for less than £40k per year, please form an orderly queue outside my factory. 

I think it all depends where in the UK you are. I’m in an expensive area compared to Norfolk or Birmingham. If any skilled turners, millers, grinders, machine programmers will work for less than £40k per year, please form an orderly queue outside my factory. 
Iam fairly handy with a bastard cut file. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back