Beretta 692 black vs Blaser f16 sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl vas

I’ve shot the Blaser f16 and quite like it very nicely balanced and feels very well put together I’ve not shot the 692 black but read lots of good things about it has any one shot both or shot the 692 black and can tell me your opinion on it or any other sporting guns for 3k-3.5k price range 

thanks 

Daryl 

I had about 30 shots with a 692 Black. Loved it, couldn’t miss, would seriously consider one if I needed a new gun. 

I had a few shots with an F16, which also went well. I would say they are fairly similar to handle. As ever, you will have to try both. 

Iv shot a F16 and it was nice but never shot a 692. How ever after a speaking with a reputable gunsmith he didn't rate Blaser at all and said pretty much stick to Browning, Beretta & MK. So I would go with his advice myself and go for the 692 ! 

If it was my money to spend I my first choice would be as higher grade 30" MC Browning Sporter (325 / 425 / 525), Second choice would be a MK38 sporterised and best grade I could find !

Question: if you don't give a stuff about fancy scrolling and 'nice' wood, would you be better off with a g1 B725 over a g5 B525, for example? You getting anything more than that when you go up the grades??

Question: if you don't give a stuff about fancy scrolling and 'nice' wood, would you be better off with a g1 B725 over a g5 B525, for example? You getting anything more than that when you go up the grades??
Very different gun, (as opposed to better or worse) mainly driven by Browning wanting to be seen to be modern I reckon. And to find a reason to charge more. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've shot both, briefly. The 692 balanced and moved well but it took me 2 pairs before I could pull the very heavy trigger and on the one I tried the chequering was very sharp and uncomfortable. Apart from that yes, it shot quite well for me. I gather the latest ones have reverted from the troublesome switchable ejectors to traditional ones which is good move.

The F16 had no weights added and at 8lb 3oz was a little heavier than the 692 and exactly the weight I like. I thought it was a super gun with much better triggers than the 692 and although the logo seems to wear off quickly and I wouldn't call it good looking, if it had to be one of those two I'd pick the F16.

p.s. I never pay much mind to the opinions of gunsmiths and dealers because more often than not there's an agenda.

Be careful of new Berettas.  I know of 2 people where either the gun separated at the action or the chokes blew out of the end.  They aren't the same quality that they used to be.

They fixed the falling apart syndrome with a drop of blue Loctite on the upper tang setscrew.
As a senior Engineer Designing cars, (namely high end SUV's), that is exactly my mantra....

"If it falls apart.......glue it!

😎

I have shot both. and both the F16 and the 690 series guns have had some issues with reliability, they are both relatively new to market. 

I assume you like relatively light guns as both of these are light / fast guns, and if it were my money I would go for the F16, in fact it was my money and I did buy one. Twice. I sold my 30" a while back as it was too quick, and recently picked up a 32" which I think is brilliant.

If you are open to something a little heavier have a look at a 725 ProSport. I think there is little out there to beat it in terms of value for money.

I think you really need to try a 725 Pro Sport, just to feel really how different it is to the others. I handled one. To me it felt like a shovel containing a full scoop of cement. The bloke shooting it is a good shot and I really hope he keeps it and never tries anything nice. 🤣

Back