94HC v Max Light

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got any experience of both the Pilla 94HC and the Randolph Max Light in low light conditions. Preference?
I use the 94HC in low light.  It has been cracking for a long time.  I am changing now to the 99AR.  I have an astigmatism and I need as much light to my eye as possible.  My 94HC will be up for sale soon.  Apart from that, it has been perfect and my choice for winter shooting for the last 3 years.

Point of note.  More than the lens........I'd go and try the different pairs of glasses on.  They need to fit your head and how they sit relative to how your head fits on the stock.  Both Sets of Glasses are great.  For me the X6 fits better than the X7 and the Rangers.  Fit more than lens colour is to be your first choice.  Both sets have plenty of lenses to choose from.

Hi Rick - they both serve the low light purpose well but are at a different price point.

Happy to send you one of each to try if you’d like?

Ed

Thanks GB and Ed, I have both X7's and Falcons, they are both great glasses and I like them equally. Since putting up the post I have been lent a 94 lens to try with an option to buy, just waiting for a chance to get out! 

I use the 94HC in low light.  It has been cracking for a long time.  I am changing now to the 99AR.  I have an astigmatism and I need as much light to my eye as possible.  My 94HC will be up for sale soon.  Apart from that, it has been perfect and my choice for winter shooting for the last 3 years.
Is the crack repairable  ? If so let me know when you are getting rid   !      

Is the crack repairable  ? If so let me know when you are getting rid   !      
Lens is for sale sir!  No Cracks or scratches!  

Simply my Geordie lingo getting misinterpreted!  It has been a "CRACKING LENS" ........is what I meant!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I've been using the 94 for a month now and it's ok, I'll keep it. Not sure ( for my old eyes) it's much better than a clear lens and in some low light conditions I prefer the 76, but it's another one for the collection! Must remember to put up the house contents insurance.

Latest posts

Back