Daft question.. electrical (insulation tape) and wood

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antse7en

Does anybody know whether basic electrical tape will damage the wood? 

I know some folks use it for fitting their comb raiser in place, or sometimes on the grip to create an artificial swell or consistent grip point - but will the residue/glue cause any damage? 

Anyone have experience of this?

Does anybody know whether basic electrical tape will damage the wood? 

I know some folks use it for fitting their comb raiser in place, or sometimes on the grip to create an artificial swell or consistent grip point - but will the residue/glue cause any damage? 

Anyone have experience of this?
It’s fine. About the only tape that is. Maybe don’t leave it on for ever..

I had electrical tape on my gun for at least a year in all weathers and it would have to be changed regularly because of that but it did not damage my wood.   If you get a bit of sticky residue on it, it comes of with oil.

If you are worried , use “ self amalgamating tape” . It’s a silicone rubber weatherproofing tape used when insulating tape will fail ( such as on satellite dishes ) . It doesn’t have glue on it but sticks to itself under tension .  You can buy it at B&Q.  Same width as insulating tape . No glue ,  nice and clean after removal . 

Back