682 gold e - hard to break open?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OUSurrey

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice in regards to a 682 gold e local to me. I've been looking for a decent 682 for a while, this gun is at a local shop to me and fits me like a glove. The only thing that concerns me a little is of the 10 or so guns I tried, this was by far the hardest to open. All the others opened nice and smooth with relative ease, this seems to be a fair bit stiffer.

The seller did mention that it had been extremely well taken care of, hadn't been used a lot and to be fair, the condition does reflect what he's saying...it is immaculate for an older Beretta. Is this tightness just where it's had little use and abuse, or should I be looking elsewhere?

Many thanks in advance!

Berettas can suffer with this. I assume you mean the very initial movement of the lever? Clean it and oil it usually sorts it, otherwise a gunsmith might just ease something. 

That would be it. The lever is stiff and the initial break of the gun is hard, not smooth. Once past a certain point it is nice and smooth. Felt similar to the brand new berettas they had instock, it just took me by surprise for an older gun.

I suppose this is the risk you take buying a used gun? Cheers for the replies, much appreciated.

Back