miroku mk60

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

been looking at the miroku mk60 high pheasant   ,  super shotgun  but I only shoot esp , so why are people buying them for sporting ?   I mean  7mm rib   3/4  full chokes  no recoil pad etc   and usually low in the comb  !   do you rate em  ?

They are brilliant guns. My game shooting partner has a pair and shoots really well with them. He has also been a money winning sporting shot in the recent past.

They tend to be slightly lighter than the Trap and Sporter variants. They are usually between 7.12 and 8.02 lb (32").

The stocks are relatively high (surprisingly) for a Miroku game gun.

If I had one I'd change the recoil pad and take the chokes out to 5/8 in both barrels.

About the only reason I don't shoot one is that I don't like the fixed trigger/grip dimensions.

Probably the same reason that MK 38 trap guns are popular starting points , the high pheasant was apparently developed from the popularity of the trap gun being used on driven pheasants . Miroku 32” fixed choke barrels are lovely things and seem “alive “ compared to the multichoke versions . 

Last edited by a moderator:
There are also  two other routes you could try  if you want the fixed choke barrels and a more sporting orientated gun  .

1) the tried and trusted MK 38 trap gun , you get the fixed choke barrels , centre channel rib ,  trap forend  and can order one with an adjustable comb stock  if that matters .  You get the same GD5 wood and action as the High Pheasant . You also get the “ Pachameyer “ recoil pad which can be replaced with a sporting pad of your choice .,

2) on a recent post on this forum a member got a special order gun brand new from Greenfields of Salisbury , which was the GD5 38 trap gun action, barrels , and forend with a MK70 sporting stock straight from the factory  .   The world is your oyster ! .

Personally I shoot the non adjustable trap stock with comb height as  straight from the box  , but I changed the trap pad to Kickeeze 

Whichever way you go I think a GD 5 Miroku is one of the best bargains in shooting , and you can use it without shame on clays or game 😀

Last edited by a moderator:
I concur with everything MartynB says.  Miroku's are simply awesome and fantastic value.  Much better built that a lot of the other stuff out there namely the the 2 'B's who seem to be churning out guns that don't work!

I know of several top Shots that have used them to win just about everything.  

I'd suggest that most use the GD5 Trap as it is heavier with the tramline rib etc just as MartynB suggested.  However, if the Mk60 suits you, you can always either teague it or knock some of the choke out of it if thats what you want.  

TGS botley have done some good you tube stuff, this guy loves his mirokus,owns one apparantly, see if you can find the mk38 trap on there and try and count how many times he opens and closes it.. good honest truth about the mirokus really, but there again I am biased towards them anyways☺️

My son had a standard MK60 grade 5 for a while. Found it to pattern better than my far more modern 725 with fancy chokes. Handled very nice as a clay gun but different from the modern trend of heavier clay guns with palm swells etc.

Probably the only gun he regrets selling as it makes an almost perfect O/U game gun, and just as effective on clays.

You can't go wrong with a Miroku.

Point of note on the Mk60, the stock is a lot lower on the comb than on an Mk 38.  The Mk70 is less so.  There are 3 comb heights to choose from.  I'd suggest trying 3 out.  You definitely don't want a gun to shoot too flat.  Berettas are typical of that.  Too flat and your eye gets stuck behind the action and you lift your head of the comb.

I had an Mk70 20bore for game. Boy that little gun patterned a treat.  1/4 choke killed a crossing pheasant at over 60m (almost 70 paces).  Great guns.

I have a grade 5 3800. but being probably 25 years plus old think the timber is now seasoned,not that would still stop it cracking but hopefully its not so likely ! all down to grain etc I geuss. I would be the first to admit I was looking for a secondhand mk60/ 38 grade 1, as I prefer the style. but this was offered and it would have been foolish to decline.

Would still have prefered a mk60/32" but you just cant find them in grade 1, or rarely  and the grade 5s are too much of a gamble with "that" wood.mind you I would by one broken if price was right!

ALL of the current Miroku Gd. 5 guns seem to be prone to cracked stock problems, I know of an MK38 that had THREE replaced  !

I have numerous Miroku's and (touch wood ) have never had a stock crack.

I have seen a few , heard of a few more that have cracked , but in most cases the cracked ones have cracked after being bent and cracked due to being shot with loose stock bolts.

I have numerous Miroku's and (touch wood ) have never had a stock crack.

I have seen a few , heard of a few more that have cracked , but in most cases the cracked ones have cracked after being bent and cracked due to being shot with loose stock bolts.
 Likewise,  but, the ones that I have seen were straight out of the box    !

Latest posts

Back