Deliberate or a genuine mistake?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimbusgb

Got a card through the postbox. Outstanding postage on an item.

Stopped in at the local post office to collect. £2.00 on a hand written brown buff envelope with a return post sticker of an anonymous post box.

Slit the envelope open ....... my European firearms pass.

Clever way for North Wales to reduce postage costs or is it usual? Actually I think it's brilliant. Especially on the EFP as it's a free issue, I certainly don't mind paying the postage!

The post office should offer it as an option to official channels, recipient pays.

Got a card through the postbox. Outstanding postage on an item.

Stopped in at the local post office to collect. £2.00 on a hand written brown buff envelope with a return post sticker of an anonymous post box.

Slit the envelope open ....... my European firearms pass.

Clever way for North Wales to reduce postage costs or is it usual? Actually I think it's brilliant. Especially on the EFP as it's a free issue, I certainly don't mind paying the postage!

The post office should offer it as an option to official channels, recipient pays.
Royal Mail have tightened up on what they let through realising that they can make an easy few quid by actually applying there rules.

Where you used to get away on weight if it doesn't fit through the slot paid for now you will get a surcharge.

Also may small items bought on fleabay and such are being sent out this way now to improve profitability for the seller...a scam.

I have had several and unless i know what it is and i am desperate for it stays in the post office and they get the pleasure of sending another out properly.

I would suspect in this case though that somebody has pressed the wrong button on the franking machine,mine arrived fine within a couple of days of application.

Royal Mail have tightened up on what they let through realising that they can make an easy few quid by actually applying there rules.

Where you used to get away on weight if it doesn't fit through the slot paid for now you will get a surcharge.

Also may small items bought on fleabay and such are being sent out this way now to improve profitability for the seller...a scam.

I have had several and unless i know what it is and i am desperate for it stays in the post office and they get the pleasure of sending another out properly.

I would suspect in this case though that somebody has pressed the wrong button on the franking machine,mine arrived fine within a couple of days of application.
I sent mine off with Tony's request in the same envelope.  He had his back weeks ago and I did not.  I have sent another letter.

Took less than a week after I emailed the local mob. 

There was no franking mark, no stamps.....

Just an observation. 

The supporting documents for my wife's visa (including bank statements/passports/council tax and ID cards) were sent back from the Home office in a torn, 3rd hand envelope with the pervious addresses badly scribbled out.

They did pay the correct postage though...

Last edited by a moderator:
The supporting documents for my wife's visa (including bank statements/passports/council tax and ID cards) were sent back from the Home office in a torn, 3rd hand envelope with the pervious addresses badly scribbled out...
If the help weren't stealing the office supplies to sell at boot sales they might have some unused envelopes  :money:

You don't get a European firearms pass that way down here. You go to the prefecture and sign the pass personally when it is issued... interestingly the police have no role in the process of issuing firearms licences it is entrusted to civilians . How long do you think that pass will be current... big bad Brexit is coming :)   To be honest I doubt things that affect ordinary folk in their daily lives will actually change much so it will probably be valid for its duration.

I think it is going to be more about a few big business players possibly making a shed load of dosh and the other poor bastards slowly seeing their own personal wealth and conditions diminish. There may indeed be some benefits in Brexit long term but there is going to be some real pain short to mid term... the naysayers did not really think it through IMO others are free to disagree with that of course.

You don't get a European firearms pass that way down here. You go to the prefecture and sign the pass personally when it is issued... interestingly the police have no role in the process of issuing firearms licences it is entrusted to civilians . How long do you think that pass will be current... big bad Brexit is coming :)   To be honest I doubt things that affect ordinary folk in their daily lives will actually change much so it will probably be valid for its duration.

I think it is going to be more about a few big business players possibly making a shed load of dosh and the other poor bastards slowly seeing their own personal wealth and conditions diminish. There may indeed be some benefits in Brexit long term but there is going to be some real pain short to mid term... the naysayers did not really think it through IMO others are free to disagree with that of course.
You don't really want to start with that, do you?   :startle:

You don't really want to start with that, do you?   :startle:
Emailed the local FEO and a couple of days later it was in the post,runs till the end of my licence so i can't really see them changing anything in the short term and i doubt if they will at all,doesn't stop other countries adding further measures.

Latest posts

Back