gamebore evo 28g plastic wad

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLANKMAG

i like hull sporting 100 in 8s but could only get 3 slabs  so bought one slab of evos . nice shell but worst plastic fouling  ever in barrels. will not be buying any more !!!! 

Hmm.. I use these and whilst not the cleanest ever, not a problem in my Blaser. Even if I just push some Napier spray and paper through (no brushing) the barrels are 97% clear. What gun?

I love my Evo`s, Sian on here put me onto them and I have stuck with them for 3/4 years now, not a single issue or complaint and not a single faulty cartridge to date. 

Worst plastic fowling I have found was with Top 1`s (TT 1) from Fiocchi (dark blue with silver writing) was very glad to finish them and they were fibre wad so it must have come from the casing.

Worst fibre wad I have ever had was Eley Firsts, it was like a confetti cannon and quite embarrassing to use them.

Most harsh recoil that I found unpleasant: Gamebore Black Gold 28gram plastic wad, I wouldn't buy these even If I could afford them. If money wasn't an issue white gold is what I would choose.

I would like to try some Fiocchi F3 & F3 pistons and Express Power Gold though.

I love my Evo`s, Sian on here put me onto them and I have stuck with them for 3/4 years now, not a single issue or complaint and not a single faulty cartridge to date. 

Worst plastic fowling I have found was with Top 1`s (TT 1) from Fiocchi (dark blue with silver writing) was very glad to finish them and they were fibre wad so it must have come from the casing.

Worst fibre wad I have ever had was Eley Firsts, it was like a confetti cannon and quite embarrassing to use them.

Most harsh recoil that I found unpleasant: Gamebore Black Gold 28gram plastic wad, I wouldn't buy these even If I could afford them. If money wasn't an issue white gold is what I would choose.

I would like to try some Fiocchi F3 & F3 pistons and Express Power Gold though.
I would go with the power gold first  !  You may not want to try the others then.

about 130 evos through blaser hard to remove plastic fowling   even scrubbing with bronze  brush . used  phillips  gun barrel  cleaner ( i too like napier  barrel cleaner too but not in stock  )  just would not remove  plastic fowling tried younges 303 and  wd 40 (in desperation ) . tried garlands heavy duty solvent cleaner result !! (well impressed ) but my feelings dont change hull sporting  100 dos not leave much plastic fowling ever (rant over )

"Worst plastic fowling I have found was with Top 1`s (TT 1) from Fiocchi (dark blue with silver writing) was very glad to finish them and they were fibre wad so it must have come from the casing."

As the casing stays in one piece and is then removed from the gun how could the plastic possibly come from there?

How would one describe plastic fouling, what am i looking for in the barrels
Dark longitudinal streaks remaining in the barrel, especially near the breech (forcing cones) area, after the gun has been cleaned. Usually resulting in a barrel cleaning agent or solvent being employed to aide removal.

Latest posts

Back