eley superb felt what else compares

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi

So instead of the usual I tried a couple of boxes of eley superbs 7 1/2 fibre wad at a sporting shoot, miroku with 1/4 and half, my score was about the same as normal, but what I did notice was less muzzle flip/recoil and certainly good breaks with edge on birds at say 40 yards.

my question would be what other brand would produce similar low recoil with hard hitting for edgy stuff,must be fibre. would just like to try a few differant brands before sticking to one make. and obviously budget comes into it in the real word.  thanks

Bornaghi all black felt excellent through my Miroku 7000 and 3800 very hard hitting 7.5 shot not sure if they do 8 shot not bad on the shoulders either approximately £205 a slab 

Fiocchi Top 1's.  Great shell, and at a good price.  Then I'd look at Fiocchi Fblacks as a very hard hitting shell but middle of the table price wise.

Thanks for the replies so far,just picked up a slab of TT1 as I was going past a gun shop, will see if I can find some of the others mentioned to try, appreciated guys.

Fiocchi Top 1's.  Great shell, and at a good price.  Then I'd look at Fiocchi Fblacks as a very hard hitting shell but middle of the table price wise.
by top 1,do you mean tt1 ? not up on fiochi shells,and thanks Gboy

I use Gamebore Velocity fibre as a good workhorse. Decent when reviewed overall in all the usual respects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiocchi F3 Blacks £69 a slab

But I prefer Eley Classic Game Paper case , copper coated , £106 per slab as an all round very good Game cartridge if I can't get my all time favourite Express Supreme at £87 per slab. 

£69/£87 a slab,hmmm,that reminds me must put £2 on the lotto this week!  thanks but just looking for any fibre wad that would be as good as the superbs ,re soft recoil but hard hitting on clays, without breaking the bank, doesnt need to be the cheapest mind but want something to use ,feel comfortable using is really important,and no doubts on hitting power, must admit well impressed with the superbs,and will try others when I get the chance.

been skulking in the back ground reading loads of posts on here,all good stuff. thanks for the advice👍

Gamebore Evo Competition Load 24g 8 fibre = £56 a slab.  Not that I know enough about the different types but they work well through my Miroku 7000 and affordable.  Very easy on the shoulder. 

Thanks, must admit I remember the original paper case eley grand prix, loverly smell when used !  and paper case so much more eco friendly, but not so good in the rain after a few outings unused case would swell. ☹️

Jocker 24g fibre 7.5 = £46.25 a slab - absolutely nails everything - love 'em!
Just recently tried these and was really impressed (£48 from my local supplier) the 7.5 are UK 7's. I am going to give the 28g fibre 8's (UK 7.5) ago to see if they are as good. These Jocker's may well become my go to fibre cartridge.

Thanks for the replies so far,just picked up a slab of TT1 as I was going past a gun shop, will see if I can find some of the others mentioned to try, appreciated guys.

by top 1,do you mean tt1 ? not up on fiochi shells,and thanks Gboy
Hi Jason

Yes the tt1 (used to be TOP 1 I think).  The TT2 as well but i don't know the difference between them.

Just recently tried these and was really impressed (£48 from my local supplier) the 7.5 are UK 7's. I am going to give the 28g fibre 8's (UK 7.5) ago to see if they are as good. These Jocker's may well become my go to fibre cartridge.
I can confirm that the patterns thrown by the 7.5's in 24gm plaswads are bloody brilliant.

Well I tried the fiochi tt1 s at a 50 birder, very sweet to shoot through my tubes so thats a posative,and good breaks on incomers, not quite so strong breaks on edge on going away/crossers compared to superbs, but if you save £40 odd on 1k ??, so will use them on the incomers for sure.

re velocitys, found them good all around, but must admit very dirty tubes after, now this could have been as I bought on site and they were stored cold,and used cold,so wouldnt hold that against them thats for sure as its the breaks that count, I find cleaning the tool after use very relaxing personally, so no problem, between tt1 and velocity I would say the velocity have the edge on hitting power, but thats just through my tubes/eyes.

thanks for the advice as they are both nice on the shoulder and wallet!😉 so far best two are expess reds,and eley superbs both 7 1/2s.(english)

Latest posts

Back