beretta shooters

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my DT10.
It's not current though. I think Beretta have finally sorted the 690/692 series guns. And the current dt11 is ok after lightening it by 3/4lb. I don't know how the oldest gunmaker could have got things so wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not current though. I think Beretta have finally sorted the 690/692 series guns. And the current dt11 is ok after lightening it by 3/4lb. I don't know how the oldest gunmaker could have got things so wrong.
Sorry misunderstood 

Current as in you want to buy new or any that will outlive most of us ? 
If i understand Hamid correctly then i agree. Get a good late DT10, or a 682 gold (original not e model) they ate imo the best guns beretta ever made or likely to. Even a pre gold model 682 from the 80s is far better than anything Beretta have done since dropping the DT10...in my opinion of course but based on having owned pretty much every model or variant in over 30yrs

The DT11 black would be my choice. 

Any problems were sorted by the time it was released so you know you won't end up with an early one  buying second hand plus it  is a great looking gun.  

The other thing is of course budget because lets face it we'd all order an SO10 EELL if money were no object. 

If i understand Hamid correctly then i agree. Get a good late DT10, or a 682 gold (original not e model) they ate imo the best guns beretta ever made or likely to. Even a pre gold model 682 from the 80s is far better than anything Beretta have done since dropping the DT10...in my opinion of course but based on having owned pretty much every model or variant in over 30yrs
Last year I traded my Wife’s 5000 round 682 Gold , it was a stunning gun , 20 years old , better than anything you will find on the racks starting with a 6 today . The dealer taking it in spent ages spouting bollocks about how it didn’t have long chokes , didn’t have etc etc , but I’d already had a price from another dealer who told me he could sell minters £1300 ,  ( I paid Avalon £1375 new ) . Anyway when the deal had been done , it went in his Facebook page and was sold in a day !  I also sold years back an original wide action 682 Sporter . My mate still has it . It is indeed a properly made gun 25 years old now  , and will still be good in another 50 years . 

I lusted after a DT11, but couldn’t quite stretch to it financially....or rather I could but felt that my abilities probably didn’t warrant the spend. In the end I did ‘trade up’ but to an Invuctus which I’ve remained very happy with. 

Last year I had a chance to shoot a few stands with a DT11 Sporter and I couldnt get over how disappointed I was with it. It may have been a bad example but every time I pulled the trigger the whole gun seemed to vibrate like a tuning fork and I genuinely couldn’t wait to get my own gun back. 

I only mention this as I think you currently shoot a CG, so it might be worth shooting the two side by side of you can. I’m not knocking the gun, it may just be me, or I may just have picked up a bad’un.

Good luck!

Last year I traded my Wife’s 5000 round 682 Gold , it was a stunning gun , 20 years old , better than anything you will find on the racks starting with a 6 today . The dealer taking it in spent ages spouting bollocks about how it didn’t have long chokes , didn’t have etc etc , but I’d already had a price from another dealer who told me he could sell minters £1300 ,  ( I paid Avalon £1375 new ) . Anyway when the deal had been done , it went in his Facebook page and was sold in a day !  I also sold years back an original wide action 682 Sporter . My mate still has it . It is indeed a properly made gun 25 years old now  , and will still be good in another 50 years . 
There you go then 👍

I had an early DT11. A small while later I regained sanity and got rid of the thoroughly awful lump. A modern DT11 Black is as different to that as you could hope, possibly a lovely thing. 

My mate bought a 692 black last year. I could not miss with it and think it’s great actually. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Last Beretta I had was a regular 692 Sporter in 32. It had to go back to GMK a couple of times with the early sticky top lever issue, but once sorted it was a very nice gun to shoot.

Back