KEGWORTH

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordieboy

Shot Kegworth at the weekend.  Another dull Shoot from Kegworth.  10 Stands had slow loopers/floppy dropping/slow crossers that needed no Lead.  Come on Kegworth.  I know we've got to be able to hit the slow targets, but 10 targets???  Shake it up a bit.  You have the space to set up a good course and to be fair no targets were in the sun.  But that many targets just sapped me of any energy and enthusiasm.  I pay my money to enjoy shooting and a 5yd rabbit can be as easily missed as a 70yd Battue if you're not on it.  I want to become AA in ESP, but I also want to shoot good targets.  Stick a few slow targets in the mix.  We can easily miss them.  But not that many.  

Gripe done!

The last couple of times of going to Kegworth I felt they were off their game.  They are capable of a good shoot and have the facilities to offer many different types of target.    I know there has been bereavement in the family and perhaps the time leading up to that took their mind off things.  

The last couple of times of going to Kegworth I felt they were off their game.  They are capable of a good shoot and have the facilities to offer many different types of target.    I know there has been bereavement in the family and perhaps the time leading up to that took their mind off things.  
Dreadfully sorry to hear about that.  I wish them well.  I'll give them a few weeks and try a shoot with them then.

Dreadfully sorry to hear about that.  I wish them well.  I'll give them a few weeks and try a shoot with them then.
We actually travel up from London so of course I want to enjoy the experience as it is a long way to go and in the past they have put on some very challenging but balanced shoots.  I am hoping they will return to form.

Kegworth carries a reputation round here for being a soft and easy shoot. I know people that go, just so they can practise slow and close targets if it is part if their game that needs improving.

Kegworth carries a reputation round here for being a soft and easy shoot. I know people that go, just so they can practise slow and close targets if it is part if their game that needs improving.
Its definitely part of my game that needs improving for sure.  Point taken.  Each shoot is good practice.  I don't go somewhere in particular so I can shoot a good score.  I go to testing courses to improve my game every time. Thats how I will climb into AA after all!

Really?  They have had soft shoots but looking at scores for the last few months with the exception of one shoot where there were more in the 90s, they  look "normal".  AAA and AA will always score well regardless but looking at A, B, C they look average with the odd exception.

Weak part of my game is slow and dropping targets.  I shoot targets instinctively, but giving a 20yd target 1.5ft of lead (to my eyes) and missing it in front is something I need to work on.

I have to disagree  with the general  feedback here !     I've always found kegworth  a good mix of targets  ,  I always say  owt  moving is miss able      probably your skillset  at reading targets and general marksmanship  is far superior to mine ,    but I cant understand people saying the round was too easy  when you have scored  average ?    in that case you all must find skeet and dtl   easy peasy ?    are you happier shooting at targets  out of range  eye tests ?     its only a game / bit of fun       chill   !     

I have to disagree  with the general  feedback here !     I've always found kegworth  a good mix of targets  ,  I always say  owt  moving is miss able      probably your skillset  at reading targets and general marksmanship  is far superior to mine ,    but I cant understand people saying the round was too easy  when you have scored  average ?    in that case you all must find skeet and dtl   easy peasy ?    are you happier shooting at targets  out of range  eye tests ?     its only a game / bit of fun       chill   !     
I never find any shoot easy.  I do stand by that the last couple of shoots I have been to have not been there usual though.

fair comment   but us shooters must vote with our feet !      
I don't want too.   I am an optimist by nature so I always hope it is a glitch and they will revert.  I do point out what bothers me though and have done so on two occasions there.  I have only voted once with my feet and not because of targets. 

Its always wet,muddy and uninspiring to me.

They set a fitasc selection shoot that was straighted, hats off to Pants but that is  guff target setting. 

I stopped going when they stopped taking cards as payment and refused to consider it. 

Won't go back unless its a selection or county shoot or unless the situation changes re their attitude to customers. 

Its always wet,muddy and uninspiring to me.

They set a fitasc selection shoot that was straighted, hats off to Pants but that is  guff target setting. 

I stopped going when they stopped taking cards as payment and refused to consider it. 

Won't go back unless its a selection or county shoot or unless the situation changes re their attitude to customers. 
a good example of voting with your feet ,   I agree with you . 

Back