First competition, CPSA registration etc

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antse7en

Hi chaps,

I’m joining CPSA (full membership) with a view to competing in various sporting events in Surrey and surrounding.

Can somebody please give me a short summary of what I need to do initially in terms of turning up, how I register and also obtaining initial class?

Apologies if this has been covered previously.

Hi chaps,

I’m joining CPSA (full membership) with a view to competing in various sporting events in Surrey and surrounding.

Can somebody please give me a short summary of what I need to do initially in terms of turning up, how I register and also obtaining initial class?

Apologies if this has been covered previously.
Just turn up, buy an entry card for “Targets only”, which is cheaper as you won’t be in a class yet. Do 3 shoots and they will classify you. Maybe you have to call CPSA to ask, or is it automatic now?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just signing up to CPSA online now, and it's asked me to specify a club under my membership details. 

Is this mandatory (to be a club member somewhere)?

Thanks

I'm just signing up to CPSA online now, and it's asked me to specify a club under my membership details. 

Is this mandatory (to be a club member somewhere)?

Thanks
No. There is a cheaper Club membership, which means you can only register scores from that ground. I would avoid this, go full membership. If in doubt call them, they are very helpful 

No. There is a cheaper Club membership, which means you can only register scores from that ground. I would avoid this, go full membership 
Makes sense - just poor web design. Shouldn't see the option to specify a club on the full membership page, but do. Left blank and all fine. Cheers

Generally all shooting organisation related sites are awful CPSA fits and starts,BICTSF worse and the ICTSA site for the worlds no ability to book squad and then it didn't register anybody that paid by Paypal!

Generally all shooting organisation related sites are awful CPSA fits and starts,BICTSF worse and the ICTSA site for the worlds no ability to book squad and then it didn't register anybody that paid by Paypal!
One wonders why when the membership has some great web proponents. The powers that be seem to have a knack for applying some of the worst development processes and implementing some awful UX techniques. People seem to have given up complaining about the search facility for shoot fixtures on the CPSA site but it is imho, dire. I can honestly say that it's contributed to my shooting fewer registered shoots as its just too much hassle to find our what's on within a reasonable distance from me. Help has been offered ( for FREE ) and is simply ignored.

One wonders why when the membership has some great web proponents. The powers that be seem to have a knack for applying some of the worst development processes and implementing some awful UX techniques. People seem to have given up complaining about the search facility for shoot fixtures on the CPSA site but it is imho, dire. I can honestly say that it's contributed to my shooting fewer registered shoots as its just too much hassle to find our what's on within a reasonable distance from me. Help has been offered ( for FREE ) and is simply ignored.
From the tone I'm sensing you are one of two things; a front end developer or business owner in the digital space?

Shame we can't get these guys on board to consider improved usability, after all these sites touch so many critical areas like customer generation, member retention, awareness, event planning, income to the sport, new people, etc, etc..the list goes on 

If you think the website is bad, you should try Shoot08, 1997 called, they want their VB back. I hear there is a new version in the works that isnt 800x600 native...

Capture.PNG

If you think the website is bad, you should try Shoot08, 1997 called, they want their VB back. I hear there is a new version in the works that isnt 800x600 native...

Shoot 08 is actually MSAccess based. I am reliably informed that Shoot19 is imminent.  Have been talking to the powers that be about some collaboration ....... don't hold out much hope though.

From the tone I'm sensing you are one of two things; a front end developer or business owner in the digital space?
Not quite but have been in 'the IT game' for about 40 years. ( A lot longer than it's been called IT ) :)  

View attachment 7378
What disturbs me is we are paying a licence for a clunky,slow,outdated piece for crap that has likely never been updated,for the money they have spent we could likely have our own programmer and a constantly updated product that we could then licence to other organisations!

"I am reliably informed that Shoot19 is imminent" bit like 10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 and 18 before it i expect 🙄

I stopped using the CPSA website for fixtures a few years ago when I found the website CPSD which uses the data from the CPSA site but puts it in a friendlier form and allows for filtering distance/discipline etc.

I stopped using the CPSA website for fixtures a few years ago when I found the website CPSD which uses the data from the CPSA site but puts it in a friendlier form and allows for filtering distance/discipline etc.
You can filter discipline, area etc.  Don't think distance though.

Latest posts

Back