The joys of CPSA membership

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmokinn

So today i signed on or tried to,"sorry your membership has expired"!!

I laugh and assure her it hasn't.

She tries the number again...yes it has and shows me,Shoot says i lapsed in....31/8/2004!!!

Absolute classic i laughed a lot.

So today was a "NONE" CPSA shooting day 😂😂😂

She tries the number again...yes it has and shows me,Shoot says i lapsed in....31/8/2004!!!

Hope it wasn’t a 99/100 day 😂 

You haven't been trying to pass that CPSA card at the Golf Club again,, have you  !   🙄 

So,i speak to them this morning and they tell me that my number i have been using for several years is not my number and that my number is an old one from years ago when i let my membership lapse.

No i say i have been using this present number for years can't have been i am told and goes on to tell me about how my scores and everything are attached to the old number...they are not as all my earlier scores are attached to the new number this was sorted about after the new website lost almost everything,also i had reason a couple of weeks ago to speak to someone at HQ and the new number was valid then.

So you have done this in the last 2 weeks as i have been using it with no issues...no definitely since your renewal it is the old number!!

Well the old number is your number and definitely has been since you took out you recent 2 year membership....no it hasn't i have my card here that expires Jan 2020 with the new number on it.

Can't you just use the old number?...No ,Why don't you want to use the old number..the new one is easy to remember,the person i usually shoot with knows it,some grounds know it and i have registered for future competitions with that number.

Doesn't seem happy and says he will ring me back!!

I F***ing Despair!!

So i ring again,Oh and now the computers are down...they will try and let me know before the weekend!!!

I bloody hope so as i want to go shooting with MY NUMBER!

Surely this man in charge of membership must now how/why it happened?

So i ring again,Oh and now the computers are down...they will try and let me know before the weekend!!!

I bloody hope so as i want to go shooting with MY NUMBER!

Surely this man in charge of membership must now how/why it happened?
A lot of people have wondered how you got to triple A class..............................NOW WE KNOW  !  😲    nod, nod, wink, wink   Eh    Don't worry your secret is safe with us   🤐  

Apart from those employed by the cpsa I have yet to find anyone who has a good thing to say about them. And definitely nobody that has had any help from them. 

Apart from those employed by the cpsa I have yet to find anyone who has a good thing to say about them. And definitely nobody that has had any help from them. 
I'll stick up for them as I've never had a problem with them, granted only been a member for 3 years.

Always friendly and polite when asking them for help and when seeing them at competitions. 

I have to say whenever I have needed assistance I have always been treated courteously and sympathetically by the staff on the phone.  The staff at the comps have also always been polite and helpful.  I will also say they have got better at social media as well and reporting on comps and scores in major comps.

Also, during the recent website upgrade I was able to offer assistance that was accepted and appreciated. Pretty decent bunch all in all 👍

This year i became a county cpsa committee member and whilst trying to get teams together struggled contacting some ,so i called the staff at cpsa hq and they helped to get the right people contacted .So another vote for the cpsa.

My comment was not regarding everyday questions that can be answered over the phone but more the standing up for and protecting members. I include basc and all the other organisations in the criticism. Even as far as I understand basc have withdrawn from social media sites as they were unable to defend their lack of action over some forces causing many  certificate holders problems with the no GP letter no certificate which is blatantly against the guidelines. I am quite happy to pay a few pounds but there are surgeries that flatly refuse to reply as policy thereby leaving applicants in limbo. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Have always found the staff be it post / email / person - person very helpful, this included renewal query, obv there, with 25,000 plus members be a few hiccups. 

It has been sorted now apparently and generally the staff have been great,but this member did not seem at all happy i was talking to him and his general attitude towards my sense of urgency to get it sorted out seemed quite negative.

The staff have been helpful with other things but,these things shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Somebody made a mistake fine,but if it was only me that was effected it must have been deliberate action and they should have immediately known what it was.

It has been sorted now apparently and generally the staff have been great,but this member did not seem at all happy i was talking to him and his general attitude towards my sense of urgency to get it sorted out seemed quite negative.

The staff have been helpful with other things but,these things shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Somebody made a mistake fine,but if it was only me that was effected it must have been deliberate action and they should have immediately known what it was.
A certain abusive plonker that was banned from this forum a while back.. He pissed everybody off along the way. About 2 years ago he had a problem with his membership, because somebody had called CPSA to inform them that he had passed away. 😆

Latest posts

Back