Trap theft

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimbusgb

Steve Lovatt has been clobered .... AGAIN!

his FB post .

Westfield break in !!!!

I took a call off the police tonight at 8.40 to say they had found my big ifor trailer abandoned near to Cirencester.
I left Westfield today around 3.30 ish at which point this trailer was loaded with 23 promatic clay traps , some of them are bright orange the others are newish promatics !!

I have the trailer back now but no sign of the traps , please keep this going’s around now as these are very hot traps and if anyone is prepared to recieve them , look out

I thought all this crap had gone away but you never know who is around !!!!!
23 traps is a very serious load. This is organised crime and not simply opportunistic. 

Dumping the trailer and making off with the traps must have been planned. There's probably over 2 tonnes of kit! 

man, this grips my sh!t. 

So many trap thefts in this country, yet they're never seen again.  Where are they going. 

man, this grips my sh!t. 

So many trap thefts in this country, yet they're never seen again.  Where are they going. 
The EU would appear to be the most obvious place but to be honest who knows!

Promatic is active across the EU, Russia, China and we never see them. If a bunch of traps dissappears into some large farmland in Slolithuaviaeeceadonia who would ever know?

Having suffered several thefts of stuff in my lifetime I find this type of thing about as low as people can get short of violence. 

I would imagine this so low on the polices priority list you would need to limbo to see it,i can just imagine was it secured,why did you leave it loaded have you any CCTV we can say is inadmissible because you didn't have huge warning signs in 4 different languages.

Its the mans livelyhood and i feel sad this has happened to him again,but we all now you can't blame immigrants even if they are responsible.

I did a job for one him and his mate were all over my van looking at all the equipment asking what it was worth!!

Once i explained there was no more than 50 people in the UK using it and we all new each other and nobody would buy it from him he lost interest immediately,fecking scum!

must be numbered / traceable      catch the feral scumbags    they will be severely punished  !      YEAH RIGHT ,    we have p**s  poor  deterrent  .  

It’s sad that you can’t leave things out without some scumbag helping themselves to it, but don’t think I would leave that amount of valuable kit on a trailer for more than half an hour. Hope the insurance policy covers it

Does seem an odd thing to do to load that much valuable equipment onto one trailer and then leave it, it’s almost asking for trouble. I’m not in anyway saying what happend is ok but why make it so easy when you’ve been a target before?. There must be a market for them or their component parts somewhere out of the country, can’t see equipment of that spec turning up at a local Sunday morning shoot. Hope the scumbags get caught.

Does seem an odd thing to do to load that much valuable equipment onto one trailer and then leave it, it’s almost asking for trouble. I’m not in anyway saying what happend is ok but why make it so easy when you’ve been a target before?. There must be a market for them or their component parts somewhere out of the country, can’t see equipment of that spec turning up at a local Sunday morning shoot. Hope the scumbags get caught.
Don't think i would be wanting to spend hours unloading and reloading traps from a trailer for no reason especially when it might be going out at 4am!

As for the security arrangements for the trailer NimbusGB may have some idea but i suspect none of the rest of us have any idea at all so criticism of them is just supposition.

Can't see that Steve would have any want to share them.

Trailer was probably “parked at owners risk”,  he’s familiar with that clause.

It's the same for any theft.  A number of years ago I had my motorbike stolen.  Police came and took details then said sorry but they wouldn't be doing anything about it.  They have priorities and motorcycle theft was low on the list so if I wanted it back I'd be better going out and looking for it myself.  I was even told to take a mate with me as the people who stole it probably weren't the type to just hand it back.  

It's the same for any theft.  A number of years ago I had my motorbike stolen.  Police came and took details then said sorry but they wouldn't be doing anything about it.  They have priorities and motorcycle theft was low on the list so if I wanted it back I'd be better going out and looking for it myself.  I was even told to take a mate with me as the people who stole it probably weren't the type to just hand it back.  
Same for Tony, bag stolen from locker in gym, took his car - cctv as well but nothing done, the odd letter would come saying they were looking into it but nothing as yet blah blah blah

Woman hit my car with me in it,hit and run.

Had witnesses,make,model,colour and a partial registration...they looked and said it would be one of 5 addresses...then added that they did not see it as a good use of there resources to go look for the massively damaged car!

Fortunately,i happened to drive up the same road weeks later and there she was in front of me,She turned into a cul de sac and i rang the police and they showed no interest.

Meanwhile she had rung the police telling them all sorts of crap and they turned up on blues and twos while i was sitting in my car talking to the other half of the clown posse!

Reality here is if you can suggest you feel threatened you will get an immediate response,if somebody has broken a myriad of laws and caused you a huge financial loss they just don't GAF

"

hillip Hewitson, an elderly man, from Norwich, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he’d left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. Phillip opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked ”Is someone in your house?"

He said "No, but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.”

Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."

Phillip said, "Okay." He hung up the phone and counted to 30. Then he phoned the police again. "Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well you don’t have to worry about them now because I just shot them." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, Six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Hewitson`s’ residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to Phillip, "I thought you said that you’d shot them!"

Phillip said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!""

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back