Bio or Photo degradable

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocean19

As it seems now only a matter of time until all single use plastics are banned, when are manufacturers going to provide a viable wad alternative? 

Fibre is not a viable alternative in modern competition guns as we know, so surely someone is figuring out what to do next? There was the Armusa Green Shoot which disappeared and in the US there are a number of commercailly available eco wads, some of which which are water soluble in 24 hrs. 

I try my best to use less plastic and where there is an alternative I make use of it, but I do hope we don’t get caught out scratching our heads about what to do.

Anybody know if there are green plans on the horizon?

As it seems now only a matter of time until all single use plastics are banned, when are manufacturers going to provide a viable wad alternative? 

Fibre is not a viable alternative in modern competition guns as we know, 
Why isn’t fibre an alternative in modern guns ?   There are  millions of  dead pheasants a year shot with “clay guns “ and fibre who might disagree . I’ve yet to meet someone who can truely blame a cartridge for their own performance .  . I’ll admit I gave up competition shooting years ago , but in a plastic- less scenario,  if a fibre  cartridge proved to be a limiting factor , the target presentation would be developed to add another dimension to challenge  the shooter. Just as it would if some other arbitrary rule was introduced  , say compulsory 21 gm loads  . Shooting will evolve to meet whatever changes and challenges come along . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Shall we rename this the "Environmentally sound and politically correct Shootclay forum" bit of a mouthful,i am sure it will please the Snowflakes and Treehuggers.

Can we please have more threads on the massive damage we are doing to the environment as you know we are causing more pollution than the whole of China shooting plastic in our small sceptred isle.

The sure way to make something an issue is to constantly bring it up until somebody really gets their teeth into it and then drags it into the media spotlight making clay shooting the sport of monsters,it may be inevitable but do we need to accelerate the process?

As for bio wads the last test i saw they were taking weeks to dissolve in normal weather conditions...or do we need to collect them up and dissolve them in a bucket of water before we go home?

And to believe the Americans are worried about the environment..ha ha I would love to see a poll on who is using bio wads there?

Do we have a Sane American that can give us some input on the general feeling over the pond?

And to believe the Americans are worried about the environment..ha ha I would love to see a poll on who is using bio wads there?

Do we have a Sane American that can give us some input on the general feeling over the pond?
Not sure. Let’s ask Wonko if he knows any?

Another flaming wad thread. Why does this keep coming up?  Is it  any wonder why people think the forum is stagnating.. 

Back