pro ones

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randomly i have no idea why the shooter to the left of me was using these and they were so loud that my ears wear ringing and the left still is,i have quite severe Tinitus and this was over and above it...left ear still affected.

It was that bad i had to cover my ear with my hand while he was shooting.

I use them myself occasionally and have been around others using them and never come across this before,his gun was an Ultra XS no porting...thoughts anyone?

they are a decent cartridge but others are just as good for far less money 

I really like RC2 8.5 shot (UK 8 ). Smoothish, lovely patterns, £200. And for those that care, they are the cleanest thing (barrel residue wise) you can shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
(This could run and run....)

Like what for instance?
as you said it could run and run and run so no point even starting . we all know all companies have cartridges that get better the more you spend with very little between the different brands . 

I tried pro ones the other day for first time normally shoot fiocchi pistons but local supplier has stopped. So I bought 500 8s of nigel hart they are not the cheapest at 240 thousand but was impressed with them and was looking for new supplier I dont know about soveriegn ive read they thump more and no diff to pro ones but im not good enough to be shooting those 

as you said it could run and run and run so no point even starting . we all know all companies have cartridges that get better the more you spend with very little between the different brands . 
Oh come on, play the game. Mark T suggested this place was becoming dull and uninteresting. We could make it last until Christmas.

I really like RC2 8.5 shot (UK 8 ). Smoothish, lovely patterns, £200. And for those that care, they are the cleanest thing (barrel residue wise) you can shoot.
RC2? Really?They kicked like a cheap cartridge the last time I tried some. But then if price is your main consideration I suppose they will do the job. 

RC2? Really?They kicked like a cheap cartridge the last time I tried some. But then if price is your main consideration I suppose they will do the job. 
It’s nice to find a decent price shell, but I won’t touch them unless they pattern well (evenly) and don’t kick me. The RC2 fit all the bills I find, maybe they are better than when you last tried them? It was a lightly built lady shooter who uses them and put me on to them. 😆

Oh come on, play the game. Mark T suggested this place was becoming dull and uninteresting. We could make it last until Christmas.

fine lets start a mine is better than yours 😋

my vote goes to Clever Grand'Italia  . soft shell, devastating kills at any distance and a good bit cheaper than Pro ones 

cartucce clever grand italia.jpg

Randomly i have no idea why the shooter to the left of me was using these and they were so loud that my ears wear ringing and the left still is,i have quite severe Tinitus and this was over and above it...left ear still affected.

It was that bad i had to cover my ear with my hand while he was shooting.

I use them myself occasionally and have been around others using them and never come across this before,his gun was an Ultra XS no porting...thoughts anyone?
Then go and buy some quality ear defenders, you tight wad.

I just use the cheapest in the shop. I cannot tell the difference between the slowest to the fastest and the only 28g shell that I've ever found kicky was express world cup all the rest seem the same.

I properly shot these in an 8 @ longridge today and was impressed with how good these are at range and at close stuff. Which got me thinking would 1 cartridge do for everything, in the past with fiocchi I had 7.5 and 8 shot. 

I just use the cheapest in the shop. I cannot tell the difference between the slowest to the fastest and the only 28g shell that I've ever found kicky was express world cup all the rest seem the same.
Likewise, I do like the Cheddite 24 grams, BUT I do keep a box of World Cups in my bag, just for any 'distant' birds. I am still on the same 250 slab that I bought around 15 years ago, so not a lot of distant targets  !      

Back