Rule1.16(c) letter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmokinn

So on the 28/10 shot the Sportrap and Sporting at Southdown.

We shot most of the sporting and then had to stop to shoot sportrap we then went back and finished the sporting course we thought!

Handed in our cards and went to get something to eat during which the lady from the desk came over and pointed out we had missed a stand and gave our cards back.

We discussed and decided we really couldn't be bothered to get geared up again so went back to her and explained the situation,she said no problem we will just score you out of 92 but it won't show up in the shoot program.

I thought nothing more of this until receiving this letter warning me that i need to hand in my score card,this is the second time this has happened when i have actually handed in my card.

i have spoken to HQ this morning and hopefully it will be sorted soon as i presume there must be some ramifications to an accumulation of these as otherwise pointless letters

So my question is has anybody else had similar and what did you do?

The consequences

For offence c above the penalties shall be:

1st Offence: A letter will be sent reminding the member/ground of the requirement to submit score cards.

2nd Offence: A listing on the CPSA website for a period of 3 months.

3rd Offence: Continued abuse of this rule may result in further disciplinary action being taken.

If your “gun had broken” you could have been scored out of 92 officially. 
Tony's gun broke and was scored out of 100 even though he had only shot 6/7 stands.  Don't think everyone knows what rules are what.

Raises an interesting point of procedure.

At what point do you score a DNS ( did not shoot ) or a zero on a stand?

As has been said if your gun breaks and you quit then surely you should get a DNS on the remaining targets.

If you pull the trigger but don't break the clay for any reason or you refuse the target shown then it should be a zero.

What if you simply get too cold, feel ill or get called away after 50 of the 100?

Raises an interesting point of procedure.

At what point do you score a DNS ( did not shoot ) or a zero on a stand?

As has been said if your gun breaks and you quit then surely you should get a DNS on the remaining targets.

If you pull the trigger but don't break the clay for any reason or you refuse the target shown then it should be a zero.

What if you simply get too cold, feel ill or get called away after 50 of the 100?
Your still expected to pass your card in and what you have shot is registered,this counts for all situations.

I have forgotten at the end of a shoot at another ground and simply sent them a text apologising including a picture of the scorecard and explaining the situation.

If you for some reason you don't ring head office and explain the situation they seem to be quite happy to accept good reason and in my case the lady said she would contact the ground to confirm after i explained...this does not guarantee anything from the grounds point of view as they got it wrong in the first place but does seem fairly positive.

i am pretty sure most of us at sometime have been distracted by something at the critical moment and forgotten to pass in a card unintentionally.

The rule is designed for serial offenders who try to manipulate their scores by not handing in cards,not to persecute honest mistakes.

Doesn't seem to have teeth though as "may result in further disciplinary action being taken." hardly seems scary, and i haven't seen anybody listed on the website yet though obviously some should have been.

1st Offence: A letter will be sent reminding the member/ground of the requirement to submit score cards.

2nd Offence: A listing on the CPSA website for a period of 3 months.

3rd Offence: Continued abuse of this rule may result in further disciplinary action being taken.

Back