Nothing on

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

There are no registered sporting shoots on within a two and a half hour drive of me today.

so I’ve decided to have a day off, cook a roast pork lunch with crispy crackling,loads of roast spuds and veggies and lashings of gravy and open a bottle or two of Pinot noir......

‘what do you do on a non shooting weekend ?

I have to work a weekend one in three  but I am very lucky to live close to orston shooting ground and grimsthorpe  shooting ground  45 minutes drive  and both superb !!  we shoot grange and borders wood   too ,   I wouldn't fancy too long a drive  especially in  winter months . 

There are no registered sporting shoots on within a two and a half hour drive of me today.

so I’ve decided to have a day off, cook a roast pork lunch with crispy crackling,loads of roast spuds and veggies and lashings of gravy and open a bottle or two of Pinot noir......

Nothing within 2.5 hours...where do you live Aberdeen?

Now now..... In gods own country and the beautiful vale of Neath 

I tend to just drive a little further ., or maybe find somewhere to have a practice. Surely Podimore was within your range?. A few of us did the 50 bird re entry compac up at South Wales, which was ok, sometimes the targets even came out of the fog and you could actually see them 🙄  ..

I tend to just drive a little further ., or maybe find somewhere to have a practice. Surely Podimore was within your range?. A few of us did the 50 bird re entry compac up at South Wales, which was ok, sometimes the targets even came out of the fog and you could actually see them 🙄  ..
I’ve learnt through bitter experience that if there’s a little low cloud in Neath,then the mountain will be covered and it will be blowing a gale on top...

podimore and honisberie at at best 2.5 hrs travelling each way. In the winter it’s hard to justify that amount of traveling to shoot 100 targets.

New to this, and not sure what a registered shoot is, but you could have shot waun uchaf in glynneath? 50 bird Sporter layout every other Sunday at 10:30. 

Im sure you probably know this, so apologies if so.

john.

New to this, and not sure what a registered shoot is, but you could have shot waun uchaf in glynneath? 50 bird Sporter layout every other Sunday at 10:30. 

john.
A registered shoot is one that is run to CPSA rules and the results are recorded by them. This is how shooters gain their gradings. They tend to be the better run events with better targets, plus most shooters find them more meaningful than smaller events, because scores are recorded and published. It becomes addictive and I rarely shoot non-reg shoots as they can feel pointless. (All shooting is good when you first start of course).

john.
Hi John. It’s as Will said, registered shoots tend to have better targets, though this sometimes is not always the case....

I have shot at all the local grounds in the distant past Neath , Crynant, Clydach,Fairwood to name but a few

Back