How many guns do you have?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonz

Was chatting with a few shooters yesterday and got on to the topic of number of guns we each have it ranged from 2 to 7 and  a new shooter on the next table asked why we each have more than 1 and what did we think was the average number, we all came up with a different number so what’s the thoughts on this?

Depends if you ask me or my wife. 

Its a bit like fuel consumption, you have the official published figures and then real world results. 

My official figures are 2, real world is 12 if you include shotguns and air rifles etc. All locked away safely mind you 👍

Now I know how VW feels. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2, one for me and one for the lad. Used to have 2 guns myself, 32" for clays and 30" for game, but got so it seemed a waste for 1 to always be not in use. So went to 32" for everything and got rid if the 30".

Yesterday I would say I had enough but this morning I think I have decided I 'need' one more.   But there again I am trying to shoot only one gun so not to get confused by differing gun dimensions.

I am trying to shoot just one but the other 3 are getting lonely🤔

My official figures are 2, real world is 12
Just out of curiosity, do you have a gun you use most of the time (percentage wise), or do they all get an equal amount of use. (only talking clays or huntingl

For the thread, I only have one gun and difficulties enough with that one. I can definitely see why people have more guns than one, 1 clays, 1 for hunting inland, 1 for hunting on water. Then comes rifles and so on. 

Lars

One over and under and one semi auto for semi auto competitions, same for hubby.  Too much choice is not good for me 🤔

Two 12 bores, but one of them has been used once in the last 2 years. Also got a 410 ou tgat gets used once in a while for fun.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a gun you use most of the time (percentage wise), or do they all get an equal amount of use. (only talking clays or huntingl

For the thread, I only have one gun and difficulties enough with that one. I can definitely see why people have more guns than one, 1 clays, 1 for hunting inland, 1 for hunting on water. Then comes rifles and so on. 

Lars
Yes, I use one shotgun most of the time and the other (semi auto) occasionally if I fancy a change or if the weathers bad etc 

All the others are air rifles or pistols and although I don’t get to shoot them that often, I’ve bought ones that have caught my eye for whatever reason....they are nice things to have/own, don’t cost a fortune like some shotguns do and if I fancy a change from clay missing I’ve got a few to choose from. 

I have three a the moment but am trying to work my way down to one! Only shooting one discipline that requires as few variables as possible sort of makes me think that one is really the ideal situation ?! It is a shame because the other trap gun is really a nice thing but I never use it.

1 (sporter) which is new, but already trying to convince myself I need another for trap :)  

3 shotguns a 32" 682 gold e my clay gun. A Remington 1187 auto my chuck it in the truck vermin gun. And a zabala sporting magnum 27 1/2"  multichoke single trigger sxs which I used to shoot really well but now cannot hit a thing with. And 3 rifles 

Back