Are plastic wads doomed?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmeGHeaD

I’ve just read a Facebook post from Mike Yardley about plastic shells asking if we should move back to waxed paper. It made me think about plastic wads, and whether we are in danger of falling foul of the current move to cut plastic out - not that I’ve seen any whales choke on a wad. 

What do we think? Will we see a day when only fibres are allowed?

NO!

Are we being invaded by Snowflakes this is one of several similar posts in a short time and with no positive bearing on our sport!

A little search would provide plenty of views on the subject.

I predict that a recycled newspaper product will be revolutionary in performance (100% patterns in any gun with any choke) and replace everything.

I predict that a recycled newspaper product will be revolutionary in performance (100% patterns in any gun with any choke) and replace everything.
At least it will not have had fish and chips in it first  !

Er.......................Snapper and Fries  (sorry)

Last edited by a moderator:
No need for plastic wads at all, end.
Yes there is as long as they force us to use steel shots. 

And as long as ISSF dictate a clear plastic wad in shooting their sports, also needed. 

For all things holy, we pick the fecking things up twice a year at my range, they are all in the same place, roughly 30 meters out from the firing line. 

Lars. 

Yes there is as long as they force us to use steel shots. 

And as long as ISSF dictate a clear plastic wad in shooting their sports, also needed. 

For all things holy, we pick the fecking things up twice a year at my range, they are all in the same place, roughly 30 meters out from the firing line. 

Lars. 
Uh, forgot about you foreigners 😀.. Edited to read ‘in the UK’

Plaswads within the restricted area of a clay ground are, one would argue, an acceptable use. At present there are many man made products & even more behaviour attitudes that cause far more “plastic” pollution. 

I'm using fibre for all my game shooting this year apart from when I need to use non-toxic for waterfowl.

Ill carry on using plastic for clays as they are being shot at dedicated clay shoots.

Plaswads within the restricted area of a clay ground are, one would argue, an acceptable use. At present there are many man made products & even more behaviour attitudes that cause far more “plastic” pollution. 
Yup, but the obvious argument to that is always going to be it's still more than not using them at all. never shot plastic, probably won't ever have a need to, but if it's advantageous to, then there's a better point to try to rest on.

Dropping litter in the street isn't cool but you can't argue that it's okay cos there's worse things out there which litter the planet. Every little helps and all that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, but the obvious argument to that is always going to be it's still more than not using them at all. never shot plastic, probably won't ever have a need to, but if it's advantageous to, then there's a better point to try to rest on.

Dropping litter in the street isn't cool but you can't argue that it's okay cos there's worse things out there which litter the planet. Every little helps and all that. :)
We collect the hulls and wads, sent to recycling (we actually earn a little money on that). Again it’s on a clay ground, with 2 COMPAK layouts, an OT and then a Danish layout. All very simple to collect and recycle.

Lars

No need for plastic wads in the UK at all, end.
Why do people put end/end off as if they think somebody is actually taking any notice of the instruction or that they have authority over what you think...delusional i guess

We collect the hulls and wads, sent to recycling (we actually earn a little money on that). Again it’s on a clay ground, with 2 COMPAK layouts, an OT and then a Danish layout. All very simple to collect and recycle.

Lars
Could you expand on what this "Danish" discipline is Lars?

Latest posts

Back