Ey up from Derbyshire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lparker9983

Ey up folks, I dont use facebook as i find these kind of forums much more informative and thanks for accepting me. I see i have a massive amount to learn and its quite intimidating at some clay grounds as a novice! I have recently applied for my SGC from Derbyshire con and im awaiting to hear from them, in the mean time ive been going to have a few lessons at my local clay ground and ive been watching others and watching how they all go on. 

Im a novice but have shot before but with my dads gun i am wanting to find a gun that fits me well without spending 2k to start with. Ive been out and bought a 5 gun Brattonsound case and I will install it to the brick wall upstairs in the office out the way. Hopefully then the FAO who comes out can see im ready and do the relevant paperwork to speed up the process of getting my certificate to me so i can go out and handle a few different guns to see where im at and what i like.( I literally have no idea as to what £1000 budget will get me second hand or what to go for)

Im left handed writing wise but seem to have a dominant right eye and ive always shot air rifles and my dads shot gun out my right shoulder......A question for the experienced is, should i just continue this way? I do however have a .22 that i shoot out my left shoulder(LH stock) and it does feel more natural but obviously with one eye shut to the scope its not the same kettle of fish. I always shoot clays with both eyes open and i do tend to find it goes where i point it, im not constantly correcting in front or behind, just my novice reaction and timings playing up when i miss 3 and hit 1 unless they are easy DTL clays.

Thanks Again. 

Latest posts

Back