Have I gone mad?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmeGHeaD

Hi All,

So, having been away for a couple of years I’m back! I know you all missed me terribly!

When I was here last I was about to start shooting, having just gotten my SGC, and was looking for a new (to me) gun. Unfortunately I suffered a back injury that meant that I was unable to shoot, so I had to put it on hold (I had to put nearly everything on hold. Back injuries suck.)

At that point I had spent a few days behind a Browning 525, and loved it. Everything that I’ve read suggests that the Mirokus are just as good and at that point they were slightly better value. 

That seems to be the Mirokus are more expensive now - I’m finding new MK38’s for around £1.6k, and still only come in a cardboard box, over £1.4ish for a Browning 525.....

Have I slipped into an alternate reality?!

Welcome back, hope the injury is on the mend. 

Im not an expert on the Browning/Miroku group guns, but I think prices have risen over the last few years and whereas Browning have perhaps introduced a few lower priced entry style models Miroku have pretty much stick with the tried and tested formula...so this might be why you’re seeing Brownings coming in a bit cheaper. 

Having been through the whole gun-swapping cycle I’ve come to the conclusion that Italian guns generally fit me better personally but before discoving this I did try a few Miroku’s and Brownings and despite being similar they fit me quite differently in that a Miroku would and a Browning wouldn’t. 

If it were me I’d be on the lookout for a good, used MK38 in Gd 3 or 5 you should get something for the cost of a new Gd 1. If you can, find a shop that has a ground attached so you can try a few out....the gun you have set your heart on might not be the right one when you’ve tried a few  

Good luck with the journey 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Iggy. It’s getting there, but as with these things it’ll never go back to normal

I’m definitely looking at used over new, I’m lucky where I live as I have a couple of options that aren’t too far away, so can get about a bit to broaden my search.

I don’t think I’ve ever stood behind a Baretta, I was initially fitted at the OGC, and they suggested my larger frame would better suit a Browning.

I might just have to give one a go and see what I think!

My other problem is that I kind of like them all - and I can’t convince my missus to let me covert a bedroom into a gun room! How unreasonable!

I'm 6'3" with shovel hands and found Browning/Miroku a much better fit when I went looking relatively recently fella. IMO, Beretta seemed to make the stocks and palm swell for more dainty people as I found my fingers overlapping quite a lot and they just felt much thinner in my grip, but you gotta try to find out what works for you. Personally, the meatier stocks just felt way more... right.

Going about it all wrong mate; I have about 7 guitars on the wall in one room in my house which makes it look all arty... you just need to work out a way of making the entire room a safe so you can put them on display. :)

People cal me sausage fingers , I'm 05'10 and 54" chest (fat and old beside) every body told me id go Browning or Miruku,  just didnt feel right ( big hands) Beretta and CG felt much better, palmswell etc.  So just try as many guns as you can and go for the one that feels good. Just because someone else like's something you might not . We are all individuals,  enjoy trying them out. 

I might have to go and shoot everything in my price range and see what fits the best! To be honest, I don’t need too much of an excuse to go handle guns!

Latest posts

Back