Hi from Derbyshire!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuySal

Hi all

Looking forward to getting into clay shooting - have had a few 'experience' days & applied for my licence approx. 5 weeks ago but am waiting to hear about my interview.....!

In the meantime I'm stashing some cash to one side so I can get away with a better budget than the wife has approved of!!!!

I've been to a few RFD's locally - all pointed me to the usual 525 / Silver pigeon etc. However, I've shouldered both a 682 E gold & a 725 black which I've taken a fancy too 

Will update when I hear from Derbys Constabulary.....

Cheers

Hi, Depending on where in Derbyshire you are, JF Neville at Alfreton is worth a look. The 725 is great.

Hi GuySal and welcome to the forum.  I can totally empathise with you as I have just gone through the very same experience and know just how frustrating it can be waiting for your SGC, mine took 6 months.  

Hi, will do! Am putting it on the back burner for now tho until the interview/cert but will keep you posted 

Where abouts are u in Derbys?

I'll prob need some further lessons too as my shooting is ..er.....crap! At least I like a challenge 

I keep popping into Nevilles in Alfreton, but while I wait for the cert etc the more budget I can squirrel away from the missus! 

Cheers all

I'm in belper so Neville's is my local, not been in yet as if I see one I can't buy it! 

Yes the less the wife knows the less she can moan! 

If you're in belper, then you have premier guns also on your doorstep. Can't fault Nevilles for customer service.

Yes I popped into premier the other week when I was shooting up at doveridge. I like the practise beginners area up there "the garden" . I bet they will let you shoot before purchase at premier too.

Hi all

Had my local officer call me this morning - got my interview next Friday!! So that's 8ish weeks since submitting etc.

He could have done it this week but I'm away working......

Just need him to give me the OK on where to install my cabinet as the wife and me have different ideas of what's appropriate.....

Will keep you posted 

Hopefully you'll soon be out shopping then!

If the cabinet hasn't been fitted prior to the visit, then I'd imagine they will need to revisit to approve it's installation. 

Good luck.

Hello and welcome. Good luck with your FLO visit. 

I am led to believe that the chap who runs the shop at Doveridge is a decent bloke. Plenty of variety at the ground too.

Hi all.

Interview done so just need to fix the cabinet to the relevant wall and can expect the licence a couple of weeks after the ok!

It was a lengthy interview because we're both into bikes.....

Time to start looking at some try-before-buy sessions to pick the right gun.

Latest posts

Back