Are K80s shootings “Triggers Broom”

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Like most I know a fair few K80 users a few of which seen to be constantly changing the stock, barrel swapping is common one even knows of a forend or two, seems the gun lends itself to inter changing of components like no other, is this gun worthy of the “Triggers Broom” of shooting sports accolade? 

Krieghoffs do not have chromed bores , only chromed chambers.

I do not have duff firing pins , I service my gun anually at less cost than what a Krieghoff costs  for a service .

When it comes to changing things boys will be boys . Guns , Motorbikes , Cars , Fishing tackle , we all love indiscriminate add ons , 

18 months ago I was looking for some 32” barrels for my Dural actioned K80 , after finding a set on the internet , getting a price for fitting , (  not a straight slot in , my gun had had new trunnions etc in the past ) , I changed my mind . For similar money I bought a 2 year old GD 5  38 trap , had it Teagued ,  J&P springs and pins kit , and a gunfit from Mr Teague himself . 

The Krieghoff barrel steel is superb , on the other side of the fence , yes “Browning action “pins do chip , but personally I put many misfire stories down to the the bores that the pins ride in getting clogged with oil and crud .  Just because I could ,  a few months back I chucked the firing pins in a drill press and mirror polished them , it’s no big deal to pop the pins out once in a while and make sure they can slide freely . In use the  top pin actually relies on the loaded cartridge to push it back in when you close the barrels so I’m always happier to have that crud free and sliding . 

I hear the barrels  rust  internally    are they not chrome lined ?       must be at those prices  :negative:
The Krieghoff barrels and some of the high end Berettas use  a special steel made by a company called Bohler. It has a  much higher nickel content than the old railway track  and gate hinges that is recycled into Mirokus 😂. So more rust resistant and not requiring a chrome liner . Having said that the only thing that rusts a gun is the person who doesn’t clean and store it , so there probably are rusty K80s out there. 

The Krieghoff barrels and some of the high end Berettas use  a special steel made by a company called Bohler. It has a  much higher nickel content than the old railway track  and gate hinges that is recycled into Mirokus 😂. So more rust resistant and not requiring a chrome liner . Having said that the only thing that rusts a gun is the person who doesn’t clean and store it , so there probably are rusty K80s out there. 
Bohler steel.. as featured in Hewland gearboxes.. (a specific type of course..). 

Beretta don't use it anymore. 

That's odd. I know they stopped using it for the ASE guns but I thought the SO series barrels were always forged from Böhler Antinit steel.
I don't think they are on new ones. Some one said in an article that they are using their own excelscier steel.  But I could be wrong. I'll try and find where I read it. 

Latest posts

Back